Sunday, February 24, 2008

beauty buys under $10 - neutrogena healthy volume mascara

Those of you that are familiar with this blog, know of my slight aversion to mascara.

I am getting better though.

In addition to the Bobbi Brown mascara I purchased a couple of weeks ago, I just added this to my makeup bag.

I had originally seen the ad for this in a magazine, and figured that I would give it a try.

The advertisement says that it "builds the lashes from the inside out" and "protects the lashes with sweet almond oil". I did notice that there is a mention of sweet almond oil and an olive oil as well, but it's aways down the list. They also claim that your lashes will be "400% fuller".

While at the store, I accidentally grabbed the black/brown instead of black, because I was in a rush to leave (two year old meltdowns are not fun). Not in any mood to return to the store, I figured that I would give it a try anyway. I think that the overall results would still be the same, but with the black, I would get a lot more definition. Judge for yourself...the photo on the left is my eye without mascara and on the right is my eye with mascara...

It's pretty obvious right off the bat why I don't generally wear mascara. When I do wear it, it's to give my lashes a little more definition and little va-va-voom! It also provides a finish to my eyes if I am wearing eyeshadow.

I can say that the Neutrogena mascara did stay on well and came off easy with eye makeup remover at the end of the day. It felt comfortable on and didn't really smudge at all, even though it's not waterproof. I also liked that it went on easy, had minimal clumping, and didn't flake.

While it didn't make my lashes look 400% bigger, it definitely made them appear a little longer and more defined. I also think (as stated before) that if I had used black, it would have made a difference.

I would recommend this mascara, I think that the price is good ($7.99) and it gave me a better result than a more expensive mascara that I recently tested (more on that one at a later date).

If you keep your eye out (ha-ha), Neutrogena cosmetics go on sale a lot...so you might be able to pick this up for even less.

Jennifer

photo of mascara courtesy of drugstore.com

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving an honest review. I liked that you admitted you bought the wrong mascara too!
Your blog is great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails