Tuesday, February 12, 2008

bobbi brown mascara

I have to admit. I was a mascara virgin.

Even as a beauty junkie...I did not own one mascara. It seems as though I had gone for years, without the one essential many women could not go without.

I guess it's in the genes. I was lucky to be born with long lashes. So, because of this, I never really considered wearing mascara unless I was getting dressed up for an event.

Because I have made a New Years resolution to try new things, I walked up to my favorite Bobbi Brown counter and asked them to hook me up.

After explaining how I was a mascara virgin, she eased me into it with the mascara you see here. It's her Everything Mascara ($22). It's not waterproof, but it's guarenteed to not smudge.

I thought that it would feel heavy, or go on clumpy. But it doesn't. I only needed one coat, just enough to make me look polished. Gorgeous. Defined lashes without the Tammy Faye Baker (may she rest in peace) look.

It should be noted that it didn't smudge during the day, but I did notice some faded black under my lower lashes at night (even though I did not put mascara there). The mascara also came off easily with her eye makeup remover.

If you're interested in checking out this mascara, try Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, or Bloomingdales. Or try www.neimanmarcus.com or www.bobbibrown.com to purchase.

Jennifer
photo courtesy of neimanmarcus.com

2 Comments:

Secret Diary said...

ill check this out! thank you Mommy J

Jennifer (aka Mommy J) said...

Please do. I'm not a mascara wearer, normally, but I really liked the texture of this one. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails