Saturday, February 23, 2008

maybelline dream mousse blush

On a mission to try and make frugal purchases, I picked this up at my local Ulta. They even included a coupon, so instead of $7...I got mine for $6.


Wrong...I should have kept the $6.

Let's start with the positives...

The packaging of the product is's compact and easy to manipulate...and the mousse delivers on it's light and airy promise.

That's pretty much it.

While the product is light, and does feel soft on the skin...I felt that the resulting color wasn't natural looking...and it had a powdery consistency that wasn't flattering. It's described, as a product that gives the skin a "natural and radiant finish"... and I would say that I did not get that result at all.

Basically, if you're on the market for a new and inexpensive blush, save your money and try a powder blush instead. There are a lot of great brands out there that will give you better results, many for less than $20 (MAC and Clinique come to mind, as does that Avon blush from an earlier post). If you want to go really inexpensive...I would try Cover Girl, it's cheap and there are a variety of colors that you can choose from.

In fact...we're going to be doing a review of Cover Girl's Cheekers Blush next stay tuned!


photo courtesy of


Related Posts with Thumbnails