Monday, February 18, 2008

proactive deep cleansing wash

It's no surprise to anyone who reads this blog, that I'm in my thirties.

What might be a surprise is that I still get pimples.

Now...normally...I have combination skin. That means that...for the Fall and Winter months, I'll have some oiliness and occasional breakouts.

But, once the warmer weather hits, the oiliness kicks it up a notch and it's...hellooooo pimples!

In the past, I would just deal with it. I would grit my teeth, and sink my money into department store cleansers that never worked. Really frustrating.

That's how it always was....until I found this.

This is Proactive Solution, Deep Cleansing Wash. It's not part of the Proactiv Solution System, so you won't find it on their website (believe me...I tried). You actually have to go to one of their mall kiosks, to purchase this. I think that the price varies every so it would be safe to say that you can get this for under $30. It may seem a little steep...but it works. Trust me.

The beauty is that this cleanser has the double whammy of salicylic acid and exfoliating beads. These help to clear your skin gently. It's also great as a scrub for when your skin is a little dull. (I'll do this in the Winter and Fall, when I don't have as much of an oil problem. I'll use Dove for Sensitive Skin daily, and this cleanser once a week or so. In the warmer months, I'll switch between the Dove and the cleanser more often, depending on how oily I am.)

You don't need a lot either...about the equivalent of a 1/4 teaspoon is all I use. If I'm still feeling a little oily, I'll follow it up with their Oil Free Moisture with SPF 15, another great product that you can buy seperately as well.

Head on over to to find a kiosk location near you.


photo courtesy of


Related Posts with Thumbnails