Thursday, February 21, 2008

tarte natural beauty cheek stain

The following is an excerpt from a conversation between myself and Christine last week...

ME: Hey Christine...I was wondering if you could do me a favor?

HER: Sure...what's up?

ME: I know you and your mom (who's in town this week) are going to the mall to do some shopping...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind checking out some products for "research".

HER: What were you thinking about?

ME: Well, I was thinking maybe you could try a couple of new mascaras and then report on them. Just have your mom take your picture before you put...

HER: (Interrupting) What? You want me to go into the mall without mascara on?

ME: Ummm...yeah.

HER: Are you serious?

ME: Ummmm...yeah...why? What's wrong?

HER: Uh...I never leave the house without mascara on.

ME: Never? Not even..

HER: Not even once...wouldn't do it...nope...

The rest of the conversation basically involved me trying to convince her to "take one for the blog" and go out sans mascara. Which, it should be noted, she eventually decided to do and will be reporting on one of them next week.


Our conversation got me thinking...if I had to go out of the house and could only choose one makeup item to put on....what would I choose?

I really couldn't seem to settle on one specific product.

But then, after hitting up my local Sephora while doing some research the other day, I found it...Tarte's Natural Beauty Cheek Stain ($28).

It happened accidentally. I had initially gone there to check out another item that happened to be out of stock. I just happened to stumble upon the cheek stain, on my way out the door. Because I was with Big L and Little L (and they both have ZERO patience for my beauty research) I quickly swiped the color on my cheeks and ran out the door.

I caught a glance of myself in a mirror, and was stunned at how great the color was. Just gorgeous. It gave my cheeks just enough color to brighten up my whole face...and all I had on (before I applied the stain) was concealer. Did I mention how long it lasts? It was still going strong THREE hours later, without any reapplication.

Needless to say, once we got home, I made a beeline for the computer and headed on over to

While there, I was able to read a little about the stain and I found out that this color is an all-natural version of their cheek stain. On Sephora's website, it says that the color is "derived from fruit and pure minerals". It's also fragrance free and alcohol free, so that it goes on easy and keeps your skin feeling hydrated.

All the more reason to make this my new favorite item.

photo courtesy of

P.S. Don't forget to take the new poll we added! Let us know the one beauty product you can't do without!


Virginia Chamlee said...

I love this product...another, similar one I adore is Benetint by Benefit...just leaves teh perfect amount of flush...or stain for the lips...and is oh-so-natural.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the comment!
I agree, Benetint is a great versatile tint.
I've heard of people combining it with vaseline (or something similiar) before applying it to their lips, for ease of use. Have you ever tried it this way?
Thanks again for stopping by!

niXXie said...

I have a question:
Cheek stain as opposed to powder blush. Which is better? I've never tried stain because I thought it was like liquid or something and that scared me.
By the way, I love the site and have bookmarked it for further snooping.

Jennifer said...

Hello and welcome! Thanks for taking the time to visit, leave a comment, and bookmark us for future visits!
Hmmmmm....that's a hard question for me, because I love and use both. But, if I had to pick a product for longevity, I would choose the stain. I agree...stain is a scary word and if you're not used to applying one, it can get a little messy. What I love about the Tarte Stain is that it's in a easy to use stick, that allows you to glide it on easily. I've tried the Benetint, and it's great...the only problem is that you have to get used to applying it fast. I have yet to try the others...but will be trying them for future postings.
The bottom line is this...try the Tarte Stains, they come in a variety of colors and are easy to apply...especially for first time "stainers". If you live near a Sephora, try it there and (if you get it) hold on to your receipt. They have a great return policy if you aren't happy with it.
If you do get the Tarte stain, let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails