Saturday, March 1, 2008

beauty buys under $10 - covergirl lashblast volume blasting mascara

Mascara is my number one thing I refuse to leave the house without...actually I wear it even when I am not leaving the house. I tend to be pretty loyal if I find something that works really well.

However, within the last few months I have had the urge to venture out and see what else is out there in the vast world of mascaras. There have been some that I thought I seriously just wasted my money on. But when I read about Drew Barrymore joining the CoverGirl team for this LashBlast mascara, I added this one as the next one on my list to try. Not that she has some weird mind control over me - but you got to admit her style is quite fashionable these days.

Anywho...I have been using LashBlast ever since. I love this stuff!! This is my everyday mascara - I have a couple other mascaras for varying occasions (waterproof for when I visit my parents in Florida, fancy mascara for date nights with the hubby, weddings, etc.). But, for LashBlast to qualify as my day-to-day mascara, it has to meet some tough standards. It has to go on with minimal effort, it has to have zero clumps, it has to stay on all day, it has to come off easily and most important, it has to do what it says and volumize and create fullness.

Four out of five isn't too bad, it goes on like dream and hardly clumps, if at all, it stays on all day and the volume and fullness it adds is fantastic. My only complaint is it's a bit tough to take off at night, even with makeup remover. And this is the regular mascara not waterproof. It does come off it just takes a little bit more effort than other brands I have tried.

I purchased mine at Target for $7.99 but I was just on drugstore.com and found it for $7.65. I am using the mascara in Black and I am fair with blonde hair. I prefer for my eyes to standout more than anything else. For days around the house or for a more subtle look I use Blackbrown. I believe it also comes in Brown and Very Black. I highly recommend this mascara and CoverGirl is always on sale somewhere so I am sure you could find it for even less than I did.


Christine
photo courtesy of covergirl.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this article! I had been thinking about trying a new mascara and couldn't decide which one to pick! Now I know!

Username: eyemusing said...

I'm glad to hear you like it so much. I've been seeing her commercials on TV and wondering if the mascara really works. I hardly use mascara, but when I do - I want something that works effectively and is inexpensive (because who wants to buy $30 mascara when you have to throw it away after it gets old and you've barely used it). Looks like I'm going to have to pop into WalGreens or Target to try it out myself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails