Tuesday, March 11, 2008

beauty buys under $10 - olay body thermal pedicure

I have a dark, little secret...last June was the first time in my 30 years that I had a professional pedicure. I know, I know...you are asking yourself, but Christine what have you done with yourself all these years?

Ummm, I did it myself. I didn't really worry about my feet to be honest with you. I am quite good at painting them myself and I am not too big on other people touching my feet.

Last summer I realized I wear flip-flops way too much and I couldn't ignore my feet anymore. So, when my parents came up for a visit. I took my mom for a girl's day and we got pedicures and lunch. For the rest of the day I marveled at how soft my feet were. And, yes, I got hooked and now I try to go at least once a month.

Shortly after the first pedicure, I was doing my weekly stroll through Target and came across Olay Body Thermal Pedicure for $8. Still marveling at the soft feet, I threw this in the cart to get the same feeling at home for the times in between pedicures.

I decided to try it that night after my son went to bed, and my husband was out of town, so it was the perfect chance for some quality pampering. I put some warm water in the tub, sat on the edge and soaked the feet and then applied the product. The first thing I noticed was that it definitely heats upon contact with water - a good tip here is to make sure your hands aren't too wet or the effect will be wasted before you reach your feet or just apply it directly onto your feet, since it is suppose to heat up to relax the feet.

According to olay.com it also has a Bora Bora white sand, pumice, and micro-crystal formula to polish away dry skin cells and a shea butter and moisturizer enhanced formula which leaves the skin looking soft, smooth, and moisturized. And according to me it does all of the above. It was a nice 10-15 minutes to myself to relax at the end of the day. It also recommends that you do it daily to achieve soft and smooth feet within a week. I did not and do not do it daily, but I do try to indulge a couple times a week and I make sure to follow up with a really good moisturizer. I use Kiehl's Creme de Corps.

It also says you can use it in the shower or bath. The shower is a bit of mess, you can't really massage it into your feet before it's washed away and the heating aspect is less noticeable, And then there is the whole balancing on one foot to massage the other one - not very relaxing.

I slacked off during the winter but now that flip-flop season is just around the corner, it's time to get the feet back into shape. And now that I am back to my normal pedicure schedule, I will still continue to use the Thermal Pedicure a couple times a week just to get all the help I can. It would also be good to use if you don't have time to get a pedicure, it would at least make the feet soft and smooth.

Happy Almost Flip-Flop Season!
photo courtesy of olay.com


Related Posts with Thumbnails