Wednesday, March 5, 2008

cosmetics for men?


While leafing through the March issue of Cosmo, I came across a little blurb about men's cosmetics.

Apparently, there has been an increase of men wearing makeup and new cosmetics companies are producing lines just for them.

Men wearing makeup, isn't really a new concept...remember the Hair Bands of the 80's?

But, that was for entertainment...not daily life.

Today, you can leaf through Us Magazine and see pictures of male celebs sporting the trend while going about their daily routines. I guess it was only a matter of time before the general public followed.

Companies like Jean Paul Gaultier have been producing cosmetics for men, for a few years now. This is his Tout Beau - Better than Tan - Bronzing Powder ($42). It's just one of a few different complexion enhancers being offered on the Sephora website.

Maybe it shows my age, because I really wouldn't want my husband wearing bronzer, eyeliner, or mascara. I mean...it just wouldn't be him...and he would look ridiculous. While I find nothing wrong with a man wanting to enhance their complexion with makeup, I prefer my husband to sport the natural look.


But that's just me. What do you think?
Jennifer
photo courtesy of sephora.com

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails