Monday, March 10, 2008

diorskin shimmer star

This is one of the new offerings from Dior Beauty.

It's concept is similar to that of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks. Basically varying colors, in the same color family, that can be applied one at a time, or swiped across with a big brush and be applied all at once.

I've been in a pink mood lately, so I tried the Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond (pictured right).

Playing around at the Dior counter at my local Nordstrom on a Saturday was no small feat. It was packed, and I mean PACKED! Some of the counters were two deep with individuals clamoring for a sales associate or makeup artist's attention.

I was actually hoping for the opposite, no attention. I just wanted to have a chance to play and test the new colors being offered for Spring 2008.

No such luck.

I was literally bombarded with sales associates left and right. Once I (politely)deflected one, another came out of nowhere and asked me for help as well.

Now, I know that this is how they make their money. I also know that the sales help at Nordstrom is known for their phenomenal service. I just knew I wasn't going to be needing any one's help and didn't want to take up their time if I wasn't going to be purchasing anything.

But I digress...

I applied the Shimmer Star ($42) with a big makeup brush and used it as a highlighter. The results weren't bad, I just thought that it was a tad frosty instead of glowy. I also thought that, as a highlighter, it was a little too bright for day use. I think that it could work for nighttime use...but, be warned...a little goes a long way.

That said, if you are a fan of Bobbi Brown (as I am) and you already have one of her shimmer would probably skip this. I actually like the BB Shimmer Bricks better than the Shimmer Stars. I think that they blend in better with my complexion and give a great glow to the skin. It's also a little cheaper.

Basically...if you are a fan of Dior, they do have great lippies and plenty of other fun little goodies, by all means try it. If you are looking for something a tad better, try Bobbi Brown...I think you'll like the results.

photo courtesy of


Related Posts with Thumbnails