Friday, March 14, 2008

laura mercier tinted moisturizer

I have an issue with moisturizers. I can't seem to find one that doesn't make me look like an oil slick around lunchtime. Especially now that we are coming into spring and I hate to pile on all the moisturizer and foundation and whatever else I feel the need to put on, only to feel like I am melting. Every moisturizer that I try seems to work the first week or two and then it goes downhill from there.

That got me doing a little research today to see exactly what's out there in the land of moisturizers and which ones are the bestselling or highly rated. And of course just about everything over $60 seems to be just the best thing on the planet, but I'm pretty sure my husband's head would pop off like a cork if I said "honey look at this new moisturizer I got - it was only $117 but it's supposed to be fantastic." And then I followed that up with, "umm, I don't really like it anymore, the oil slick is back."

As much as I would like to get Kinerase moisturizer for $117 (which I tried out at Sephora today and the back of my hand feels wonderful by the way). I just can't bring myself to fork out that kind of money.

So, that got me thinking again, now that it's getting warmer, maybe I don't need a moisturizer AND foundation. Maybe I should give tinted moisturizers a whirl. I did little more research and found out that Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is the must have product in this category. Most of the reviews are raving about how wonderful this stuff is. It seems like the "dewy" and "glowy" were used in almost every review.

And at $42, my husband's head is much more likely to stay in place. It comes in 7 different colors and has SPF 20. There is also an Oil Free version, but not everyone seemed as in love with it as the original.

I think this is going to be my next beauty purchase. As soon as it gets a little warmer I'm going to head over to my nearest Laura Mercier and give this a try. I will let you know how this turns out. Wish me luck!

If anyone has any other suggestions for a good moisturizer for combination skin, I would love to hear about them!

Christine
photo courtesy of lauramercier.com

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails