OK....It seems as though the lovely and talented Kitiya, from Mischo Beauty, has tagged me in her Let's Play Tag post. So now, I have to respond to the two top five posts below:
My Five Must-NOT Have Items:
1. Pantene Shampoos and Conditioners....left my hair a mess with major static. Not pretty.
2. Diorshow Mascara...while I love Dior cosmetics, I would not use this one again...too flaky.
3. Any type of hairspray...I cringe when a stylist comes at me with a can of this stuff. I think it has to do with a certain Aqua Net addiction I had in Jr. High.
4. Benetint...I know that there is a list a mile long of people who love this stuff, but I don't. I used it when I was younger to check out the hype and it was a disaster. It did not blend well with my skin tone. I couldn't get the hang of application. And...most importantly...it scared me. Never again.
5. Thinning Shears...there was a time, when my hair was shorter, where I would sit in front of the mirror to just thin out my hair a little. Then I made a small bald patch and threw away the scissors. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Never again.
My Five Biggest Makeup Crimes:
1. Extremely contrasting lip liner and lipstick...what was I thinking? It was as if I took a marker and drew a dark line around my lips...not pretty.
2. Not blending in my foundation...ah, Jr. High again. Boy, was I a mess. This time I didn't blend the foundation past my jaw line...plus it was too dark for my skin tone. Just. Bad.
3. Permed hair...it was the 80's and I lived in New Jersey. I also had stick straight bangs...mmmm...pretty.
4. Not drinking enough water....I know that this isn't necessarily a makeup crime, but it's a crime none-the-less. I should drink more water.
5. Mayonnaise in my hair...I really can't explain why I did this. Again, it was Jr. High and I think some celebrity said that she used this to deep condition her hair. I cannot describe the god-awful smell and the amount of washings my hair had to undergo to get it all out. The worst part? It didn't even condition my hair.
Well there you go. I hope I've provided a little laughter in your day.
Thanks again to Kitiya from Mischo Beauty for tagging me. I think that I have to tag three other bloggers now...so....I'm tagging Daneen from Spoiled Pretty, Beckie from Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog, and Tammy from A Mom in Red High Heels. You can do either or both...I can't wait to read your posts!
photo of ysl eyeshadow duos courtesy of neimanmarcus.com