Wednesday, March 26, 2008

real women of beauty...jill scott

Welcome to one of our new features here at Beauty in Real Life. For our Real Women of Beauty, we will be delivering women of all ages, shapes, sizes and colors.

Women whose style we see as inspiration.

Who better to kick off our first-ever Real Women of Beauty, than Jill Scott.

I absolutely adore her.

Her music is phenomenal and her style is sensational.



She is a beautiful woman, who doesn't feel the need to be a size two.

I love that Vogue features an article on her in their new shape issue for April...although I would have liked to see her grace the cover.

In the article A Mind of Her Own, she unveils her philosophy on style and beauty.

Scott also gives readers a few of her favorite frills (check out the Laura Mercier body creme for $55...natch!), as well as the great news that she is debuting some plus-sized underpinnings with Ashley Stewart.

Do yourself a favor and pick up the April issue of Vogue...it should be on newsstands now.

I promise you, she won't disappoint!

Jennifer
photo of Scott courtesy of yahoo.com
photo of Laura Mercier body creme courtesy of neimanmarcus.com.

P.S. If you'd like to see more of Jill Scott, head on over to jillscott.com

4 Comments:

Mischo Beauty said...

I love, love, love Miss Jilly from Philly! Had a chance to see her perform live out in Berkeley a few years ago and it was amazing!!! I'll definitely check out the Laura Mercier body creme and the April issue of Vogue... Loved the post.

BTW- I tagged you today in one of my posts- can't wait to see your response!

Samantha Smikle said...

Ahh! I love this body butter a.k.a heavel in a bottle...love Jill Scott too :) I tried it at a beauty shop but couldn't bring myself to hand over more that 50 bucks for it. But it's really amazing smelling and feeling.

Jennifer said...

Mischo Beauty: I've never had a chance to see her live, if she comes to DC...I'm there! : )
I'll get working on my responses tom. I loved reading yours!

Samantha: Thanks! I love the smell of it too, but def. a splurge! Thanks for visiting!

Toya said...

I've seen Jill live a couple of times and it is a fabulous experience! She is one of my style icons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails