Monday, March 3, 2008

the ultimate hand cream

It started a few years back...I was looking for
a new hand cream. I had tried a few brands before, but I wasn't happy with the results. None could soften my hands and keep them that way through repeated washings.

Until I found this.

This hand cream is the holy grail of hand creams. As soon as I used it, I felt the results. Immediately upon application, my hands felt smoother and softer. Within a week, even more so. It would even last through repeated washings.

My only downside was, it was easy to finish off a container quickly...it's only 1.7 oz...hardly enough product for a hand cream.

But, I dealt with the small size and bought it repeatedly.

And then?

They stopped making it.

Really...just stopped making it.

I emailed the company a short time ago, asking if they were going to bring it back reformulated or something. They said no, suggesting a couple of their other hand creams instead. I tried them, but neither one gave me the same result.

So what's a girl to do?

Well...I tried ebay and amazon.com...and they had them...they were charging a good amount more...but, they had them. I thought about getting them...then I thought...isn't that just prolonging the inevitable?

I mean, really, why tease myself? Eventually, I'd have to buy up every container they had...at about $20 bucks a pop (give or take - I'm including tax and shipping expenses here). Realistically, I think that would just push Big L over the edge. Could you imagine that conversation? Honey...I know I spent $200...but, it's my favorite hand cream!

No thank you.

I came up with a much better solution...one that will help me and you at the same time.

I'm going on a quest for the ultimate hand cream.

Once a week, for the next few weeks, I'm going to be reviewing a different cream. For this, I'll be selecting from a wide range of brands. Some of these will be cheap...some will be expensive. Some will be good...some bad...some smelly...some not...some...okay...I ran out of antonyms here...you get the picture.
Stay tuned!

Jennifer
photo courtesy of amazon.com

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails