Wednesday, April 23, 2008

aveda control paste

If you are looking to de-pouf-a-fy your hair, this is the way to go.

Aveda's Control Paste ($22 at is a definite must for me. Especially when I'm trying to avoid that dreaded "newscaster" (hello-my-hair-has-been-shellacked-beyond-recognition) look.

It was also the only finishing product I reached for when my hair was pixie short...think Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby.

This provides a great light hold, with amazing definition. A fantastic way to obtain that piece-y look.

Here's a tip...if you want to add an extra POW!...take a small amount of the Control Paste in the palm of your hand. Add a drop of a serum, or gloss (try Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss - $23) and rub your palms together until both products are emulsified. Work it through your hair with your fingertips, taking care to select strands here and there for added definition.

Gorgeous and not a shellacked strand in sight.

I'm ready for my close-up.

photo courtesy of

P.S. Of course you don't have to take my word for it...check out some other reviews on this product at

1 Comment:

Christine said...

I am also a huge fan of this product. I have been using it off and on for 8 years now. And it smells great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails