Friday, April 11, 2008

beauty buys under $10 - aquaphor

You are looking at one of the most versatile beauty buys under $10.

I can't tell you how many times I have picked up a magazine and read about the many makeup artists who use this.

I also can't express to you enough, how many different ways I use it in my household.

The most basic way I use it, is as a lip balm. While I still have a makeup bag filled with various balms, it's an addiction...forgive me, I will always reach for this when my lips are at their most chapped. It heals them...every time. (Quick tip for smooth lips - In the shower, take a wet soft nubby washcloth and massage it over your lips in little circles. Once you are out of the shower dry them off and apply this balm...perfection.)

Another way, is to soothe Little L's diaper rashes. Every so often, Little L will suffer from some redness in his tushy region...this helps to ease the pain and take away the nastiness. Thus making a happier Little L. (Note - for severe cases of diaper rash, you should take your little ones to a doctor...especially if it doesn't go away in a day or so)

Yet another, is even more helpful.

When I get into the mood to go for a run (not often lately, but I will be heading out there in the warmer weather) I apply this balm to the tops of my toes and the backs of my ankles (where the shoe would rub) this cuts down on friction and I don't end up with blisters. If I'm wearing shorts, I'll apply a little of this balm to the inner thigh area. This also cuts down on friction and doesn't leave them red and sore.

Believe it or not, there are even more ways that people use this wonder balm. There is even a website (I kid you not) that gives you many other uses for this stuff. If you're curious and want to check it out, it's

Any pharmacy, Walmart, or Target carries Aquaphor. They have many different sizes to choose from. In addition to the tub above (which is $7.69 for 3.5 oz) they also carry tubes ($5.69 for 1.75 oz), and a ginormous tub ($14.99 for 14 oz). The huge tub actually says that it's their Baby Healing ointment, but it appears to be the same stuff to me. I found all of these prices at in their Aquaphor Store.

photo courtesy of


Related Posts with Thumbnails