Monday, April 21, 2008

chanel teint innocence compact foundation


I am not a stranger to the compact foundation.

I have tried my share in the past and have had mixed results.

Some were too powdery, some too creamy, some too heavy, and some were just plain awful.

Until I tried this.

This is Chanel's Teint Innocence Compact Foundation ($55 nordstrom.com). It's a glorious find and one that I am loving more and more each day.

I happened to read about this in Allure magazine, as a recommended product by the new artistic director for Chanel Makeup, Peter Philips. This was one of the products that he recommends as a good transparent or semilight foundation.

After using this for the past two weeks, I couldn't agree more.

It's unique in that it has a creamy feel, but glides onto my face like silk. It provides a natural-glowy look that does not feel heavy at all...I literally feel as if I have nothing on my face.

While it is a little pricey, I really don't have to use that much product each time...especially when I use it with the Chanel Primer. (Instead of using the provided sponge applicator, I use my Chanel Foundation Brush ($38 nordstrom.com)...which I also love, love, love.)

And, you have to admit, it's hard to beat the luxury that is Chanel.


Jennifer
photo courtesy of nordstrom.com

4 Comments:

Tam Pham said...

I LOVE this product! My gay Barneys makeup buddy turned me on to it a few months ago! AMAZING! It feels so light.

Jennifer said...

Hey Tam!
OK first off...I'm major jeal that you have a gay Barney's makeup buddy.
Second, I'm mad at myself for not trying this sooner! I love it! Have you tried it with the primer on the bottom?

BTW how is your Monday going?

Tam Pham said...

sorry i didn't get your message sooner! Monday was blah as always! No, i've never used primer but after reading your blog...I think I need to try the Chanel primer! hope you're having a good week!

Jennifer said...

Tam:
Def. try the primer, I've noticed a definite diff. when I wear it.

If you do get it, let me know how it goes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails