Monday, April 7, 2008

clinique black honey almost lipstick

I confess to being a total lip gloss junkie. I have them everywhere - handbags, bathroom, nightstand, car - I even have them stashed in the kitchen.

Lipstick, on the other hand, not so much. I think I own 2 lipsticks, and that is only because they came with something else. I didn't even wear lipstick for my wedding - it was lip liner and gloss.

I have heard about Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick for years now and I have wanted to try it. But I always forget about it until I read some new article on it, think about it for a second and then forget about it again. It's a vicious cycle. I think subconsciously I am afraid because it has the word "lipstick" in the name.

Clinique's description of the Almost Lipstick is that it's not quite lipstick, not quite lip gloss but works like a little of each. And the thing with the Black Honey shade is that it is suppose to be fairly universally flattering.

So, what finally got me to go to the Clinique counter and spend $14?

My mom (she'll be so happy I mentioned her again). She told me last week she went and got it and loved it and that I either needed to get it myself or try hers and then go get it. So, I just went and got it.

My first impression when I opened the tube, was that it was the darkest color of anything I have ever owned and there is no way this was going to go well. But it goes on so sheer and light, you never would have guessed. It is not sticky at all and the color is very pretty and flattering.

I have used it almost everyday since I bought it. I had brief freak out on Saturday when I thought I had lost it already, so it must be of some value to me (later that day I found it in my car).

My only complaint is that it does not last very all. I feel like I have to reapply it way more than any other of my lip glosses. But I don't know if that is because it is 'almost lipstick' and I am not very familiar with lipstick or if the product just doesn't last very long. I am thinking about trying to layer it with something else and see if that helps it stick around a little longer.

Either way I am more than happy to reapply it as often as I need to.

photo courtesy of


Tam Pham said...'re a convert! black honey is amazing. i think i've used it for 10+ years now!

Girl-Woman said...

I used this years ago and had totally forgotten how great it was. Thanks for the reminder.


Christine said...

Yes...I admit it. I'm falling in love with almost lipstick. I'm not quite to full lipstick yet. It's crazy how it has such a loyal following. I'm glad to join the group! And remind those who have forgotten. ;0)


Related Posts with Thumbnails