Saturday, April 12, 2008

clinique m protect spf 21

My husband could care less about skincare.

He uses any soap that's in the shower to wash his face and has even used body lotion as a moisturizer.

I was the one who introduced him to skincare.

Well, skincare in the form of facial moisturizers.

He's actually tried several. Some drugstore brands, some department store....but none have been as effective as this one.

This is called M Protect by Clinique ($21.50). It has an SPF 21 and comes in an easy to use 3.4 oz tube.

I had picked this up from Nordstrom about three weeks ago and quietly slipped it into his side of the medicine cabinet....knowing that he would get the hint and start using it.

Then, I completely forgot to check up on him to make sure that he was using it.

That is, until I happened to notice how nice his skin looked one day last week. His skin tone actually looked even. A big deal for him because his sensitive skin tends to get red in places. I would even say that his face looked kinda glowy...and this was at the end of one of his long work days.

When I told him that his skin really looked good, he kind of looked at me like I was crazy. Well, his actual comment was...thanks, I just had some work done. Then he reminded me that he had been using the cream that I bought him. Proud, I said so you like the cream huh? He shrugged and replied's not so bad and walked away.

Which, believe me, is my husband's way of saying that he loves it.

photo courtesy of


Related Posts with Thumbnails