Tuesday, April 29, 2008

elizabeth grant eye cream

For the last few weeks I have been trying Elizabeth Grant's Biocollasis™ Advanced Cellular Eye Cream. Elizabethgrant.com describes the eye cream as "a deep wrinkle intensive treatment for the eye area. Contains the Biocollasis™ compound that not only helps repair fine lines and crow’s feet but also helps to prevent the appearance of lines. This important treatment maintains the look of younger looking eyes for longer... and also contains a high concentration of Elizabeth Grant’s exceptional hydrating compound to help keep the eye area plump full of moisture and help redefine the contour of the eye area."

I have to say upfront, I do not use eye creams regularly. I always knew one day I would have to start but I never gave the whole thing much thought, especially since there are so many different kinds that treat so many different combinations of problems. I get lectured every time I go to my favorite Bobbi Brown makeup artist on the importance of eye cream. I don't disagree with her, I just have no clue what I'm doing or what I need. For example, when I received this eye cream, I had to ask Jennifer how to apply it and it made me a little nervous because it came with it's own little spoon. I was totally in over my head.

I have to say, my husband is doomed. I should have started with a much lower quality eye cream as my "starter" because I really, really like this one.

I know you are probably thinking, how does she know what she likes, she doesn't even know what the little spoon thing is for?

Well, that's easy for me to answer. The last couple weeks my family had some health scares (don't worry - they are doing better). But my point is, there were a lot of tears and I puff up like a....puffer fish is all I can think of. With the first tear my eyes are instantly red and puffy and they stay puffy for a day or two. And add in crazy allergy season springing up and my son being up off and on during the night the last 2 weeks and my eyes are done - sunglasses are my best friend in these situations.

Since I started using this eye cream my eyes have not been swollen at all and there have been no dark circles - nothing...at all. This stuff is amazing. I totally look like I have been sleeping more than 5 or 6 hours a night for the last few weeks and you never would have guessed I have allergies (other than the constant sneezing). I have also noticed that my makeup goes on a lot easier in the undereye area - I usually use a corrector and YSL Touche Eclat. The corrector goes on smoother with minimal tugging and stays put for most of the day.

Now for the not so good news, the wonderful eye cream is $80. But there is a positive. A little bit goes a long, long way. It would last you quite a while. I have been using it for about 3 weeks, twice a day and I maybe have used 1/4 of the product. Check out elizabethgrant.com for more information and other products she has available.

Christine
photo courtesy of elizabethgrant.com

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails