Thursday, April 3, 2008

john frieda weather works

So, I was going to write about something else today. But then I had to run out to Target for various things.

In the rain.

That turned into sleet.

My first thought as I was struggling to get my son into his car seat (I never seem to have a problem with it unless it's crappy weather).

Anywho, back to my first thought....it was 'there goes the hair'. Second thought was, 'why the struggle with the car seat only when it's raining?'

After I got home, I saw several commercials for the new John Frieda line of hair products, Weather Works Weather Proofing . It's three different products (shampoo, conditioner and style sealant creme), that when all used together are suppose to produce beautiful hair regardless of humidity, static, UV rays and wind due to some special Shielding Technology.

I have to admit I am a fan of other products from John Frieda. I have used their Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner on and off for years. And recently I have started adding a little of the Original Frizz Ease to my daily routine.

I am intrigued to know if this stuff really works. Especially after my fantastic look today of stick straight hair with a nice layer of frizz on top and not one ounce of volume.

Luckily, it's around $5.00 a bottle, depending on where you can find it, so, if I don't like it I'm not out too much money. I have no problem trying the shampoo and conditioner. The sealant creme makes me a little hesitant - really anything with the word "creme" makes me hesitant. According to John Frieda, it creates a weather-resistant barrier around hair fibers to seal in essential moisture and block out style-ruining weather...to smooth hair and maintain style, and it visibly seals split ends and provides a natural hold.

If anyone has tried this trio of products, I would love to know what you think of it. There aren't very many reviews out about it.

Christine
photo courtesy of johnfrieda.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I was at Target and freaking out about a date I had tonight. I saw the Frieda Weather Works shampoo and conditioner on the shelf. I had never heard of it, but I have super curly hair that curls and frizzes with the slightest hint of moisture. I used just the shampoo and cond. (I didn't see the sealant) and I had perfect, smooth hair from 5 p.m. until after midnight! I'm amazed!!! I can't believe how well it worked. I'll definitely update if it doesn't work as well in tomorrow's thunderstorms...!

Christine said...

I am so glad to hear that this stuff actually works. Definitely update us on how it works in the rain, since that is all it seems to be doing the last few days. Thanks so much for the comment!!

Anonymous said...

I received a sample from Walmart. I normally use salon products & was hesitant but decided to try the samples. I have used it twice. So far, I LOVE IT! I have fine hair & live in a hot,humid climate. These products just may replace my expensive salon products.

Related Posts with Thumbnails