Monday, April 21, 2008

origins sunny disposition

With Earth Day being tomorrow, I wanted to feature a product from an eco and environmentally friendly company that we haven't talked about before...Origins.

This is their Sunny Disposition Liquid Bronzer ($19.50).

I love a liquid bronzer, because it is so incredibly easy to use.

Place a little of the bronzer on the back of your hand. Take your finger (or you can use a foundation brush) and pick up a tiny bit of the bronzer. Dab it onto those areas of your face where the sun would naturally hit...cheeks, nose, above the brow, and chin. Then blend, blend, blend. The effect you're going for is a natural sun kissed look. Start off with a little and then add more if necessary.

You can also apply this bronzer over or under your foundation.

Either will result in gorgeously glowing skin.

Speaking of gorgeous...let me share with you why I love Origins.

I remember when this company first hit the market.

Even back then, I loved their message and their organic approach to beauty.

Take a gander at what goes into their packaging...

Our cartons are made from 50% Forest Stewardship Council certified paperboard and 50% post-consumer recycled fiber. These paperboards and cartons are manufactured using wind power or hydro power, both renewable energy resources. In a given year, Origins uses approximately 192,000 lbs of this paper in place of virgin fiber. In doing so, we preserve 922 trees for the future, save 391,740 gallons of wastewater flow, and conserve 653,245,400 BTUs of energy. And we prevent 84,398 lbs of net greenhouse gases.

And that's just what goes into making the cartons that store the makeup.


So, not only will their products make you beautiful, they are also doing their part to make the world a more beautiful place.

What's not to love?


photo courtesy of
Update: I should have added that over at Total Beauty, they rave about this product in their product review section. Click here to take you there.


"Tink" said...

This sounds like what I am looking for. Jennifer what type of skin do you have? My main concern with face products is breakouts.

Jennifer said...

Hey Tink!

My skin is insanely wonky lately. It tends to vary from oily to normal depending on the weather and that special time of the month. I haven't had a problem with Origins or the Bronzing Gel from Bobbi Brown, but def. check it out first.

(I'm sure this has happened to you too...I've tried products in the past, claiming to be hypo-allergenic and safe for all skin types, only to break out worse than ever.)

Good luck and if you get it, let me know how it goes.

Jennifer said...

BTW Tink, do let us know when you have some more tutorials...I love them and I know our readers would love to check them out! You're blogs are amazing! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails