Tuesday, April 22, 2008

pangea organics

Happy Earth Day everyone!!

In the spirit of Earth Day I thought I would finally review a product that I have been wanting to talk about for a couple weeks now and I thought it was appropriate given the brand is totally organic. I am talking about Pangea Organics.

I stumbled upon this brand at the Nordstrom Trend Show as Jennifer and I were making one last loop before we headed home. We each got a couple samples and spoke to the representative for a few minutes.

The samples were a shower gel (Canadian Pine with White Sage) and a body/hand lotion (French Chamomile with Sweet Orange & Lavender). I gave my husband the shower gel for 2 reasons - 1) he was all over it as soon as I showed it to him and 2) I had no desire to smell like pine and sage.

Now, a brief backdrop on the husband - a guy's guy. Rarely ventures outside of his comfort zone when it comes to his grooming routine. He's been using the same brand and scent of bar soap for as long as I have known him. Same goes for his face soap. I've tried to get him to use other products and he always finds some excuse to go back to his routine.

Well, he tried this shower gel and LOVED it. He loved the way it smelled in the shower and how he smelled afterwards. I have to admit he smelled good. It wasn't overpowering at all - a very nice woodsy smell. I don't think I would use it myself, but I think it's perfect for a guy. And the most amazing part - he wants more. I get to buy him different soap!! You have no idea how exciting this is for me. He's branching out....finally.

I tried the body/hand lotion. At first I thought the scent was way too strong, but after it soaked in, it left a really pretty light scent. I would definitely consider purchasing it.

Pangea, in addition to being 100% all natural ingredients, did brilliant packaging. After you are done with your lotion, shower gel or any of their other products, slip the label off and soak the box in water for a minute and then take it and plant it. There are organic seeds in the packaging. And the boxes are made using a Zero-Waste process so it doesn't impact the Earth anymore than it needs to.

There is a whole range of products available from Pangea. I have seen several positive reviews on their facial creams on totalbeauty.com. And I know their facial mask has been awarded several awards.

Pangea's website is worth a peak. It breaks down what is in each of their products and which skin types it is appropriate for. I would check their to see what would be good for me and then search other sites to find a good price.

I think the most expensive item is around $32 so it is very affordable. My darling husband's shower gel is $13 which isn't too crazy. And since it is Earth Day almost every site I have looked at has some sort of special deal for Pangea. On beautyhabit.com the entire line is 20% off for the entire month of April. According to Pangea's website it is also at a special price at most World Markets (I love this store). I just went to world market online and they have most of the line at a great price - the beloved shower gel is under $10. And you can find it at Nordstrom, although online it doesn't look like they carry the whole line.

So, once again, Happy Earth Day!

I'm off to get some new shower gel!!!
Christine
photo courtesy of nordstrom.com

2 Comments:

Troy said...

Hey, I venture out of my comfort zone. I just quickly return to it, huddled in the corner slowly rocking. But seriously, I gave Christine tons of quotes but she didn't use any of them. If you man likes to smell like he just got done doing some woodworking, then this product is for him. Love it.
Troy

Christine said...

yes, this is my husband. and yes i totally forgot everything he said to me. or was that my selective listening kicking in? i'm so impressed he chimed in. he must really like this stuff. and side note, he confessed to using his current soap since he was 10. i'm fighting a bigger battle than i knew about.

Related Posts with Thumbnails