Friday, April 18, 2008

this just in...getting the celeb eye look

This is enlightening for me.

I have always wondered how celebs get their eyes to look so wide open, even when they have major liner surrounding them.

Now I know.

Tight lining.

According to the May issue of Glamour, this is how the makeup artists to the stars get their client's eyes to pop.

In case you are like me and you have no idea what tight lining is, let me explain.

Tight lining is when you push back your top lid and apply liquid eyeliner inside the lash line. You will then line above your lashes as usual and then repeat the same process on your bottom lid.

Glamour suggests finishing off with a horizontal "V" of metallic liner at the inner corner of each eye (try Laura Mercier Limited-Edition Brilliant Eye Liner $22).

I don't know about you, but I like being able to actually see step-by-step instructions on how to achieve this look. For that, I'm sending you over to Tink's Carnival Gloss blog. It's a great blog that delivers an awesome tutorial on how to perfect tight lining.

So good luck my darlings and let me know how it goes!

photo courtesy of


cybelesays said...

I didn't know that term tight lining and would imagine you need to keep holding your lid until the liner dries. will try this. thanks Beauty In Real Life!!

"Tink" said...

I simply love that LM color!

I completely forgot to actually tag everyone with the tag post. Thanks for noticing it.


Jennifer said...

Cybele: I had heard the term and I seriously had no idea what it meant...none. Then when I found out I was like ok...makes sense. Also, good idea to keep holding the lid to let the liner dry! : )

Tink: Awwww...thanks. *hugs*
Thanks for not minding me referring our readers to your tutorial on tightlining. I thought it was really awesome and wanted others to see it for themselves! You do great tuts!

Ladies, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave your comments. I love both of your blogs and enjoy reading them daily! You guys are fantastic!

Hugs and Kisses

Related Posts with Thumbnails