Saturday, May 31, 2008

essie summer collection

I am totally loving the summer trend for bright, fun nails. I am always willing to try anything out on the toes, but lately I have been trying bolder colors on the hands as well.

When I first saw the Essie Summer Collection, my first thought was uhh, yeah right. But the more I keep seeing the adds and going into Ulta and browsing, the more they keep growing on me.

I even got my mom to buy one of them (she will probably keep it to the toes since this last trip to Florida I got her to venture into the light pink family when we went for manicures - this was a big step for someone who has every shade of neutral known to man). She has My Place or Yours which is a really pretty pinky rose color. I have been eyeing the Secret Stash. But in all honesty I would be willing to try any of the 6 colors.
On essie.com you can buy all 6 colors in a special package for $45 which would save you $3 (it would be $48 if you were to buy them all individually). There is also a 4 piece mini set that includes smaller bottles of Escapades, Risky Business, Secret Stash and Movers and Shakers for $18. I have seen these mini packs at Ulta before so I would assume they would carry this one as well, use one of their coupons and you could get it a little cheaper. This would be a great way to try out most of the colors without breaking the bank.
If anyone has tried out these colors I would love to hear what you think about them!


Christine
photo courtesy of essie.com

3 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Loving the colors Christine! : )

"Tink" said...

I've seen a few pics of these colors on the nails and they are summer perfect!

Christine said...

I think I am going to have to go out and give them a whirl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails