Tuesday, May 6, 2008

spring looks under $25

I was flipping through one of my US Weekly (yes I subscribe to this and I love it). It seems to have more and more beauty/fashion related articles lately crammed in and around all the celebrity gossip. But anywho, I came across an article on Spring Looks Under $25. There were 3 different looks and to be honest I don't really remember what the other 2 were but the first one is what caught my eye. It was on Flirty Cheeks for $18. Since I have just started using blush more than once every 5 years, I'm on the lookout for anything blush related.

I think I was drawn to this look because of the blush it featured. The Revoln Floral Affair Sheer Powder Blush in Pinking of You ($11). I have seen this blush in almost every magazine I have looked at lately. And every single time I see it, I think how pretty it is and how I really need to go out and get one. Revlon is sold just about everywhere and someone is bound to have it on sale.

The article mentioned pairing this blush with a pearly white shadow. They picked Milani Runway Eyes Single in Lily White. Apparently you can buy this at CVS. I have never heard of it before, but I also don't shop at CVS unless someone in the house has a cold and needs some medicine and ice cream. I think any white eyeshadow or light color that has some sparkle to it will work. I don't think I would use anything with too much color since the focus is suppose to be on the cheeks.

And they finished it off with a glossy lip. Their pick was E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 in Watermelon, which will set you back $1, so, you can splurge and get 2 if you want.

When all is said and done, this seems like a fairly easy and cheap look to try out. I am going to get the blush and a light eyeshadow. I already have more than enough lip gloss, but it's hard to argue with something that is only a dollar.


Happy Spring!!
Christine
blush photo courtesy of revlon.com
lip gloss photo courtesy of eyeslipsface.com

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails