Wednesday, May 21, 2008

total beauty...first annual beauty blog summit...the highlights

Breaking down this weekend is going to be hard. We covered so many topics, learned about so many new products, and did so many things, that it's going to be hard to talk about it at once. So I'm just going to give you the highlights and talk about the rest here and there...


Dr. Alan Hirsch introduced his new diet plan called Sensa, which involves sprinkling some crystal-y/powder-y stuff on your food before you eat it. It's apparently supposed to make you want to eat less each time you sit down at the table. You don't even have to change what you eat. You can literally sprinkle it on cake. We were the first people (besides his study group) to get a chance to try it...so you can guarantee I'm going to be sprinkling this on everything that goes into my mouth.

We were introduced to Redpoint cosmetics (that's a pic of makeup artist Fatima Olive, as she applies a Redpoint product to a model) and RawMinerals, both of which had products that I was able to try out at a couple of different events. They both have exciting things to offer and we can't wait to share them with you.

IQ Derma is a skincare line that left me speechless with their presentation. If you've been a reader of this blog since it's inception, you know that we are all about the skincare. I can't wait to test these products and present them to you.

And so many other products that I'll have to surprise you with later.

I also did the following:

-Attended an LA cocktail party and dinner...complete with tiny finger foods and shadow box dancers...yes...shadow box dancers.

-Met phenomenal bloggers like...Amber, Daneen, Denice and Leeann, Monique, Christine, Marina, Julia, Tammy, Annie, Lilan, Kia, and many more.

-Had my makeup touched up by a freelance makeup artist...twice.

-Went to an official LA night club for the first time in my life and was so tired I yawned from exhaustion the entire time I was there.

-Got dropped off at the wrong airline at LAX and had to travel just around the corner to the actual airline I was flying home with. Actual distance for my just around the corner journey? Oh...about half a mile.

Seriously.


Jennifer

2 Comments:

monique said...

i think the shadow dancers really put the cocktail party over the top! that was so funny!

Leeann said...

It was such a fabulous weekend (Aside from the crazy Saturday night! You know what I'm talkin' about Jennifer haha!) that I can't stop talking about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails