Saturday, May 10, 2008

we have been tagged one more time....

One of our favorite beauty bloggers Kitaya of Mischo Beauty, tagged us!

We are always on the lookout for new products to try and love trying just about anything. But here is a list of our fave beauty secrets (at the moment):

My Foundation:
Jenn: Chanel Teint Innocence in Soft Bisque
Christine: Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in Warm Ivory and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain (review coming soon)

My Mascara:
Jenn: Chanel's Inimitable and Bobbi Brown's Everything Mascara
Christine: CoverGirl LashBlast and Estee Lauder Double Wear

My Blush:
Jenn: Chanel's Powder Blush in Orchid Rose, any of the Bobbi Brown Cream or Powder blushes in varying shades of pink, my Tarte Cheek Stain in Flushed, and a Max Factor blush I'll be reviewing soon.
Christine: Bobbi Brown Powder Blush in Desert Rose, Tarte Cheek Stain

My Eye Shadow:
Jenn: loving the eyeshadow dual ended sticks from Max Factor (review to come soon) and any Bobbi Brown Cream or Powder shadows.
Christine: powder and creme shadows from Bobbi Brown and Rimmel eyeshadows

My Day Cream:
Jenn: Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizer with SPF 15 or Olay Definity SPF 15
Christine: Neutrogena's Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse SPF 20 and Olay Definity SPF 15

My Lipstick:
Jenn: Hourglass Lipstick, Bobbi Brown Lipsticks or Lipglosses (too many to list here) and my Chanel Glossimers.
Christine: Hourglass Lip Gloss, MAC Viva Glam, Clinique Almost Lipstick, Burt's Bees Lip Balm

My Beauty Product Brand:
Jenn: there are too many to mention here as I seem to have faves from each line...but three of my fave brands are Chanel, Bobbi Brown, and Kerastase.
Christine: Bobbi Brown, Kiehl's....but I too have a favorite for almost every line that I have tried

My Essential Beauty Product:
Jenn: anything hair related...if the hair ain't right, nothing else matters.
Christine: mascara and lip gloss

My Favorite Makeup Product:
Jenn: I seriously have too many to mention. But if I had to narrow it down, I would say my Chanel Base Lumiere primer.
Christine: same as Jenn, I have too many to mention but I am sort of lovin' the Tarte Cheek Stain lately and Benefit's Brightening Primer.

My Perfume:
Jenn: I switch around a lot. I like Bobbi Brown's Beach, almost any of the Jo Malone scents, I'm liking this new Lise Watier scent too, Daisy, and Juicy by Juicy Couture
Christine: Marc Jacobs Daisy, Clinique's Happy and Banana Republic's W

My Nails:
Jenn: OPI, Chanel and Essie
Christine: OPI, Essie, Sally Hanson, Chanel, Revlon

My Feet:
Jenn: I agree with Amber from Beauty Blogging Junkie...Aquaphor is phenom on my heels. And a pedi at least once a month in the warmer months.
Christine: Olay Thermal Pedicure, Kiehl's Creme de Corps and a good pedi as often as I can go

My Hands:
Jenn: so far my fave is the cheapest...Vaseline Hand and Nail Cream (Pink Tube)
Christine: Kiehl's Creme de Corps, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme

Three Products To Bring On A Deserted Island:
Jenn: does Shia LaBeouf count? No? OK then...sunscreen, tooth brush, and toothpaste.
Christine: Jenn, Jenn, Jenn....are you really admitting this to the world? you are braver than me....(sigh....George Clooney) sunscreen, lip gloss, and toothbrush/toothpaste and a mile high pile of good gossip magazines
Jenn: oh..second that on the gossip mags and lip gloss...even thought that's way more than three.

Woman I Adore For Their Beauty:
Jenn: Michelle Pfieffer is GORGEOUS and doesn't seem to have had a lick of surgery or botox...amazing.
Christine: I think Jennifer Garner and Reese Witherspoon are my favorite at the moment.

Woman With The Best Sense Of Style:
Jenn: I know these ladies are younger and waaaayyyy too skinny sometimes, but I love Nicole Richie's style and Rachel Bilson's style as of late. Jennifer Aniston is one I always admire- a little more my age (she's actually older by a couple of years- ha!)
Christine: Again, I have to go with Reese Witherspoon and I think I would add Jennifer Aniston and Sophia Bush. I agree that Rachel Bilson has been quite cute lately too.

My Ultimate Dream (but I do not believe in selling my soul to the devil for it):
Jenn: I have three 1. to be able to walk into a car dealer and buy Big L (my hubby) the car of his dreams, 2. to tell my husband he never has to work again, and 3. that Little L grows up healthy, happy, and wise.
Christine: is it wrong my first thought wasn't doing something great for my husband....I have a in ultimate bliss in a fantastic house on the beach with my husband, maintain a happy family with my husband and son and cat and dog and goldfish. and selfishly...there is a Chloe bag out there with my name on it.

How Do I Define Womanhood:
Jenn: I'm going to say that it is so hard to define that term. I think that Maya Angelou's poem Phenomenal Woman says it best. Here's an excerpt:
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size
But when I start to tell them
They think I'm telling lies.
I say It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips
The stride of my steps
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman Phenomenally Phenomenal woman
That's me., not too sure how to follow that up. so I'll just say ditto.

My Favorite Fashion Publication:
Jenn: Vogue, Teen Vogue, Lucky, Allure, Glamour, Elle, Bazaar, and People StyleWatch. I'm probably leaving some out here, but I'm sure Christine can fill them in.
Christine...can I just say Jenn gets every magazine known to man so yeah, she left some out. OK, back to me: Lucky, Allure, People StyleWatch, Marie Claire, InStyle

I guess now, it's our turn to tag a couple people. We are tagging Tink of Casual Lavish and Monique of Beauty Girl Musings. Have fun ladies!!!

With love (always),
Jennifer and Christine


monique said...

thanks!! i love these types of fun! this will be tough, i'll get to it...

Jennifer said...

Hey Monique!
Thanks for being on top of things! I hadn't yet gotten around to letting you both know. Thanks also for being such a good sport! : )

Mischo Beauty said...

Awwww- loved reading your favorites! Thanks again for playing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails