Tuesday, June 10, 2008

5 minutes, 5 questions with lisa hoffman

I am really excited to announce a new feature to our blog....5 minutes, 5 questions. This new feature is where we get to do a quick interview with people in the beauty industry. We figured, 5 minutes is really all the time busy people have, to give us answers to the more important questions. Plus 5 minutes is about as long as we can go before there is a 2 year old screaming in the background for juice or Diego.

So....here is our 5 minutes, 5 questions with Lisa Hoffman, of the Lisa Hoffman Skin Care Line and wife of legendary actor, Dustin Hoffman:

1. First, could you tell our readers a little about how you came up with the idea for the line?

The most important thing in my life is family. When my husband and I got married and decided to build our family together, I knew I was in for some unique challenges. His career in the entertainment industry entails a lot of travel, and a lot of time in the public eye. And, since we made a promise to keep the family close together, this means that I have always had to do a lot of traveling, and by association, spend a lot of time in the spotlight.

Taking care of my skin has always been important to me, but this schedule is pretty demanding, especially when you add five kids into the mix. I've always insisted on taking all possible steps to care for my skin, and required the best when it comes to skin care products, but I have always wished that there were some way to make the whole process simpler, less time-consuming, and more convenient to carry around.

It was this desire that inspired me to create a line of beauty products that simplify daily beauty routines by making it easier to use and convenient to carry, while providing formulas that represent the best ingredients that science and nature have to offer.

2. All of the products are just amazing. Is there one product in particular that you think every woman should have?

It's too difficult to just pick one! :) But if I have to pick, it would be the Vitamin A/C serum. It's one of my top selling products and I just love it's silky texture and the amazing results it gives you. The Vitamin A/C Serum is a rich anti-aging serum that is used before bedtime. It contains highly potent ingredients designed to reduce the signs of aging. The skin's rate of of cell renewal is highest at night, and the absorption of active-care ingredients increases between midnight and 4am so I believe it's very important to capitalize on this anti-aging opportunity by using a high quality product.

3. Can you let our readers in on any new products that are in the works?

We have a couple new fragrances that we're working on. In September, we're launching Japanese Agarwood and Madagascar Orchid. These fragrances are currently featured in our bath and shower collections and they became so popular that we had to extend them into the fragrance category.

I'm also working on collections for hair care, baby care, men's grooming and more!

4. What three beauty products can you not live without?

The products I can't live without are actually from my own line: the 24 Hour Packette and the Spa Bath & Spa Shower Packettes. I think I am like most women. I want to be able to take care of myself while I'm on the road, but I don't want it to occupy too much time and space in my life. Life for so many of us these days is quite full and complicated and I'm always looking to simplify. The packettes give me the convenience of being able to use all the products in my regimen without having to lug around large jars or bottles. The packettes take up little space and very little time to pack.

I also have very curly hair, with a mind of its own so I like to use Kerastase hair products to tame my curls. Kerastase offers travel sized versions of their shampoos and conditioners, which I like to take with me on all my trips.

5. What's the best piece of beauty advice you've ever received?

I've received so many great pieces of beauty advice over the years, but the best tip I've recently received has actually come from my 15 year old nephews! They like to use my clay mask as a spot treatment for blemishes. It helps reduce redness, absorbs excess oil, and helps to promote healing.

To see more of Lisa Hoffman's Skin Care Line, please visit lisahoffmanbeauty.com.

With love (always),
Jennifer and Christine
photo courtesy of lisahoffmanbeauty.com

1 Comment:

KDC Events said...

That is such a cool interview! You actually got to speak with her...lucky gals! Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails