Tuesday, June 10, 2008

and end scene, the final primer - smashbox

Here is the last primer I have to talk about.....

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36).

As I mentioned in my 2 other posts on primers, I have been using all 3 primers, but I find myself using this one and the Benefit primer the most. I love the way this one feels on my skin. Very silky and it definitly helps with oil control and make the makeup stick around a little longer.

And it's really good for your skin too. Sephora had this description: it contains a blend of vitamins and antioxidants that smooths and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish. It can be worn alone or under foundation and it works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture.

I have not bought this one....yet. But Sephora gives out ridiculous sized samples if you want to try it out before you make the purchase, since this is one of the more expensive ones - which is what I did. After trying the Laura Mercier primer, I was hesitant to fork out another $36 and only to hope I liked it. Samples are the way to go.

Another thing I like about Smashbox, is that there are 7 different primers to choose from depending on what you are looking for. Over at smashbox.com they offer up travel sizes of almost all the different primers for $16.

This is one primer worth checking out, whether you get a sample, travel size or regular size bottle. I had my mom use some of my sample jar from Sephora, yes they are that generous, and now she's hooked and went to Ulta to get it (another great place to buy it, because they hand out coupons almost every week).

Christine
photo courtesy of sephora.com

2 Comments:

sarahPUFFY said...

I've always questioned this primer, because I've heard a LOT of horror stories - cystic acne, even oiler skin, and so on. I'd love a primer to stand up to the oiliness on my nose [10 minutes after I apply makeup, my nose is already shining, and in an hour, the makeup is totally gone from my nose]. Nothing has up to this point! I'm losing my mind.

Jennifer said...

Hey Sarah!

I can't talk for Christine, but I def. hear the good and the bad with about 75% of the products we talk about. It's such a touchy area because what works for some may not work for others.

I would head over to a place like Sephora and grab as many primer samples as you can. Then, go to town testing them.

What moisturizer do you use? Also, have you considered checking out other moisturizers for your skin type? I found with me that it really made a difference in how less oily my skin is during the day.

Either way...good luck in finding the primer for you! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails