Tuesday, June 3, 2008

bioelements instant emollient

First let me start off by saying....Happy Anniversary Jenn!! That is a great pic of the 2 of you. And I have decided not to put my pic up next week... hee hee.

Just kidding - or am I? We'll just have to wait and see.....

Alright, back to business, Bioelements Instant Emollient ($20) is a multi-purpose product, and who doesn't love that?

It looks like a tube of lipstick but can be used anywhere you may need some extra moisture (i.e. around the eye area, lips). It relieves dryness and soothes irritated or chapped skin and helps to prevent chapping.

For use on the lip you can apply it under lipstick or use alone for silky smooth lips. If you do apply before using lipcolor, let it soak into lips for a few minutes, blot, then apply lipcolor. You can also put it on top of your lipcolor for shine.

And for those of you who are interested in the indgredients, here are the active ones:
Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E, healing, antioxidant)
Octyl Methoxycinnamate (non-paba sunscreen)
Rose (regenerating, moisturizing)
Aloe (healing)
Ginseng, Sumac, Gotu Kola, Dong Quai and Watercress (adaptogenic herbs that support and strengthen the skin, helping it withstand stress)

I have been using it for about a week now. I have worn it alone and under my lipgloss. It does instantly make my lips feel better. It is very smooth and not too heavy on my lips. It's actually really light. I notice my smoother lips more than actually having something on them. I have not tried it around my eye area. I don't really have an issue with dryness around the eyes since I started using eye creme. But it might be good if I were to go somewhere with less humidity and I needed some extra moisture.

I was just on the bioelements website, and it looks like you can only buy the instant emollient at select salons and spas. But if you go to bioelements.com and put in your zip code, it shows you which ones in your area sell it.

photo courtesy of biolements.com


Related Posts with Thumbnails