Friday, June 6, 2008

the biore two week challenge...are ya up for it?

I'm always up for a challenge.

I think it has to do with my competitive nature.

When I was in elementary school, I used to kick some serious spelling bee butt.

Growing up in the 70's, my father taught me how to play soccer and because there were no girls teams who would play year round, I used to play on a boys team.

Was that a challenge? You betcha.

So when the opportunity came about to try the Biore Two Week Challenge, I was game.

There are two challenges in the Biore line...The Pore Unclogging Challenge and The Breakout Challenge.

Being my problem only tends to be blackheads with the occasional pimple or two, I took on The Pore Unclogging Challenge (seen above, right).

There are two components to the challenge, a Pore Unclogging Scrub and the Deep Cleansing Pore Strips.

I really liked the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. It's a very gentle scrub that contains salicylic acid, smells yummy, and lathers up well. After washing, my combination skin didn't feel tight, just clean.

Before we get to the Deep Cleansing Strips, I have to tell you one thing. This is really going to sound incredibly gross, but I love getting the gunk out of the pores of my nose. Really...I do. I have spent many an hour in our master bathroom, looking at my pores in a mirror and degunking like mad. It's sick, it's bizarre, and I can't stop.

Moving on.

The Deep Cleansing Strips were my guilty pleasure (for the obvious reasons above). I love them. These are actually better than the ones I remember using years ago. They get the gunk out of your pores and leave the evidence behind for you to throw in the trash.


I'm almost done the two weeks system and I have to say that I really liked it. I found a cleanser that can replace my other salicylic acid scrub, for those times I want something a little more gentle, and some great new strips to degunkify my nose. The best part is they all cost $5.99 each and can easily be found in any drug store, Target, or Walmart.

Me likey.

photos courtesy of biore


Tammy said...

Funny! I have those strips too and LOVE them! I thought I was the only one obsessed with getting that gunk out of my pores. Those strips really show what was in them...

Jennifer said...

Hi Tammy!

Thanks! I can't believe I shared that out loud with everyone out about full-disclosure!

Have you tried the two week challenge yet?


Tammy said...

I did, and only kept up with the strips about once a week. I discovered another drugstore cleanser that I adore, so I switched. If I had a nickel for all the products under my sink...

sarahPUFFY said...

As a gal with a huge honker, I can proudly [and sadly] say that I too do my best to get naughty stuff out of my pores. However, my pores are so large on my nose and cheeks, its damn near impossible. I think I'll give these strips a go - they'll have a lot of work to do, though! Yikes...

Jennifer said...

Hi Tammy!
I know...right...believe me...I probably could have bought a car for the amount of skincare products I have! LOL!

Hi Sarah!

I too have been blessed with a pretty sizeable nose...I mean..hello...I'm Italian. Profiles are the way I prefer to be photographed.: )
Let me know how it goes if you get them! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails