Saturday, June 14, 2008

it's my anniversary today!

Jenn asked if I would be willing to do a little segment on weddings since both of our anniversaries are in June and it is wedding season and I said "sure!" And then she said how do you feel about putting our pics up from our wedding day and I said "ummmm.....uhh...okay, I guess."

So, here's my big reveal....


Man, I'm funny. That really is me and the hubby.


Alright, enough funny. Here's the front shot...



So, 5 years ago today the hubby and I got married at a Botanical Garden in New Mexico.

I did have someone do my hair that day, but I did my own makeup. I went earlier in the week to the makeup counter at Origins and had the makeup artist do a "trial run" to make sure I had all the right colors and I bought one of almost everything she showed me and replicated the look myself on the big day. For me, it was just easier for me to do it myself and it was one less thing to plan and organize into an already busy day. Plus, I ended up with all of the makeup. I ended up liking the foundation so much that I used it for a few years.

I think my biggest piece of advice it just too relax (as much as possible) and enjoy your big day. The trial run with the makeup was great too, because I already knew what it was going to look like, there was no surprise of looking like a clown or having the wrong colors.

Christine
photos courtesy of me

2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary...you look gorgeous! : )

Leeann said...

Congrats on the milestone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails