Friday, June 13, 2008

jurlique biodynamic beauty night lotion

There was a time, before Little L, that Big L and I used to do some crazy traveling.

It would basically involve looking at a map of the US, picking a state, and then plan the trip.

One Summer, we decided to go to Maine and go white water rafting.

For part of the trip, we had to rough it in a cabin in the woods.

No electricity, no cable, no phone, nothing...just us and nature.

I hated every last stinking minute of it.

I am not a nature girl.

Not in the least.

I love showers. I love air-conditioning. I love electricity. And I love cable.

Bugs freak me out. Animal noises freak me out. And staying in a cabin in the woods, after seeing Friday the 13th one too many times as a kid, will freak anybody out.

Yet there I stayed...for my we could go white water rafting in the sub-zero rapids in upstate Maine.

Hurray for me.

So now you might be asking yourself, what the heck does this have to do with Jurlique?

Well, it's simple really. Jurlique is nature.

It should be something that I would hate, but it's not.

It's made with all natural ingredients, that are grown through organic methods on certified Biodynamic farms. They don't contain any harmful ingredients such as parabens, synthetic emulsifiers, or artificial colors and fragrances.

Just pure nature, at its finest.

I've been using this Night Lotion ($55) in place of my regular one, and I have to say that I like it so far. It hydrates my skin and leaves my skin glowing by morning. It also smells heavenly.

I also know that this shouldn't really matter, but the packaging is just so Crate and Barrelesque that I can't stand it. I wish they would make comforters in this pattern, I love it so much.

So there you have it.

Am I going to be roughing it anytime soon?

But I am intrigued enough by this product to want to try more from this line. I'll let you know how that goes.

Until then...I'll be applying this moisturizer at night, in my air-conditioned house, in front of my plasma screen TV, while watching whatever is on cable.

Happy as can be.

photo courtesy of jurlique
proud member of
total beauty and the bbn network


Beauty Tyrant said...

Hey there

I've tried Jurlique's anti-aging starter kit. It's quite good as it's all 100% natural. There are a few spas and salons that carry this Jurlique brand. Unfortunately, I don't seem to see much progress with the products so I've discontinued them after using them all up

Jennifer said...

Hi Beauty Tyrant!

I've yet to try anything else yet from Jurlique and I'm curious enough to see if it works. I guess I'll have to see if it does anything for me. Thanks for letting me know how it worked for you. : )
Do you have a fave skincare brand or product?

Girl-Woman said...

I heard that! Although we did a lot of camping when the kids were younger, my style of camping now is in a low-end hotel. Oh, the things we do for our men...and children. Gotta love 'em.

Jennifer said...

I joke is that my idea of roughing it is no cable. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails