Monday, June 2, 2008

la mer...the moisturizing gel cream

If you've ever seen an episode of The Fabulous Life of...(which happens to be one Jennifer's favorite shows by-the-way) you've seen the original version of this product touted by many a starlet.

It should be especially remembered as being such a favorite of one singer/songwriter/actress/clothing designer, that she slathers it all over her flawless body.

And she uses it so much, that the amount of jars she uses in a year can fill a swimming pool!

We're not kidding.

Well, if you love the original Creme de la're going to fall in love with The Moisturizing Gel Cream.

This is basically a lightweight form of the classic version...a version that has already won the heart of one of the Beauty in Real Life girls and many other bloggers alike.

So, how does this compare?

Well, it's created with the same Miracle Broth and exclusive Lime Tea that's found in their Creme de la Mer, but it's lighter texture will be a better fit for those warmer days ahead.

Plus, it's a great idea for those of you who tried the original creme and found it's texture to be a bit too rich for your skin.

Although many of you will consider this a splurge at $220 and think we've lost our minds...hear this...the one of us who uses the original Creme de la Mer, constantly gets told she looks a good 6-8 years younger than her 36 years.

No joke.

How's that for a testimonial?

With love (always),
Jennifer and Christine
photo courtesy of la mer


nilla cookie said...

Jenn, I wouldn't be surprised if it was you who was using Creme de la mer - your skin is flawless! I still remember how shocked I was when you told us how old you were! :)

Hope you're having a great Monday!

Beka said...

I've heard good things about it. Where do you think I could find it?

Jennifer said...

Hey Nilla!

Thanks for the compliment! I thought the same thing about your gorgeous skin, absolutely phenominal!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Monday is going well too! : )

Jennifer said...

Hi Beka!

Thanks for stopping by.

I would def. try either Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus, if you live near one. The advantage to going to the store is they can hook you up with loads of samples and notify you of upcoming sales, events, and new releases. Which is great when you are spending this much money. Certain Nordstrom stores carry the La Mer line, so be sure to call first. Also, both Neiman's and Nordstrom are offering beauty gifts with purchase!

If you're going to buy it online, I'd go for Neiman Marcus right now...again because of the gwp and they are also offering free shipping with any purchase.

Either way, definitely check it out! : )

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't know what the hype is all about. If you look at the ingredients, it's glorified Nivea (which, incidentally, is glorified Vaseline).

Perhaps the reason you guys look so good is because you wear sunblock, eat healthily, and have good genes.

Jennifer said...

Hi Anonymous!

You make a valid point.

I def. agree with your comments on having good genes, my mom and dad had very little in the wrinkle department...considering my mom's in her late 70's that's pretty good.

I also have heard that the oilier your skin is, the less prone it is to wrinkle as you get older. My skin tends to be on the combination side.

I believe that good skincare is a big part as to why most people look younger than their years. That would include wearing sunscreen and using moisturizers...I for one wouldn't leave the house without applying some sort of moisturizer.

That said, I def. think that it's your personal preference as to which skin creams you choose to use.

At $125, the original La Mer is a splurge, but one that I make because A) it works for me and B) it does last. But that's just me. Someone else may come along and find that it doesn't work for them and not even consider putting out the money for it.

The only reason I tried the Creme de la Mer, was because I was fortunate enough to get a sample through a SA at Nordies. They were just bringing the line to that store and they were promoting it, so that's how I scored a sample. I recommend doing this before making any skin care purchase. Many times I have made a purchase myself, only to be disappointed in the results.

Do I think the La Mer played a part in my skin looking good at my age? Yes. Does this mean that I wouldn't want to try other products? No...I'm always on the lookout for other products to try. : )

Thanks for this. You really gave me a chance to have some adult conversation this morning...instead of arguing with my toddler on why he shouldn't be trying to shove his teddybear in the dishwasher to clean it. : )


Related Posts with Thumbnails