Monday, June 30, 2008

lavilin natural deodorant cream

I had the chance to try Lavilin Natural Deodorant Cream ($14.50 at the vermont country store) a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit, it's been sitting in my closet for most of the time, because I was afraid to try it.


Well, it's labeled as a natural deodorant that can last up to 7 days with one application.

7 days.


And you only need a little bit for it to work.

Yeah right.

Now do you see why it's been sitting in my closet?

I decided to take it down and give it a whirl, only after reading some other reviews around the blogging world. To say I was skeptic, would be a gross understatement. But, I applied the product according to the directions and surprised myself.

The stuff actually worked.

Did it last for seven days, before having to be reapplied?

No. But keep in mind I am a serious sweater.

So the fact that it lasted for almost four days blew my mind...considering I was sweating like mad in the heat, that's major too. While I did have a little bit of wetness by the third day, there were definitely no yucky smells under there until the next day.

Believe me, I checked and I asked Big L to check.

Gotta love a man that'll do that.

How does it do it, considering it's all natural?

Well, they found a way to kill the bacteria that causes odor. They use a combination of ingredients...chamomile, calendula, and arnica...that stops stankiness dead in its tracks.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

They also put out a foot cream called Lavilin's Foot Deodorant (try for more information), that uses the same principles. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm trying to catch Big L when he's sleeping and slap some on his tootsies.

Don't judge me.

I love the man, but haven't smelled them after he's been on his feet all day and they've been crammed into boots.

Not good. Trust me. Not good at all.

photo courtesy of vermont country store


Tammy said...

LOL!!! I need to find the foot cream for my hubby too! We live in FL and his feet are in boots and he works judgements here! I tell him: I love you from the top of your head to your...ankles!

Carrie said...

thanks for trying it Jennifer! After you use it for a while it'll last longer - the foot cream is fabulous too. You can also buy it direct at

Jennifer said...

I know...I love my hubby too, but! Thanks for dropping by!

Thanks for the info...that's def. good to know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails