Thursday, June 5, 2008

primers...take 2 benefit that gal

The second primer of the three I have been using is Benefit's That Gal Brightening Face Primer ($27). I was a little put off at first by the fact that it is pink and rather fruity smelling. But I had read many many reviews that claimed this be one of the best primers, so who am I to judge? I gave it a whirl.

I like it a lot. It goes on nicely and the fruity smell is barely noticeable once you apply it. It definitely puts on a nice highlighting glow. I definitely notice the days I forget to use it. And it's in a fun container like a glue stick.

I do not use it everyday. I am still on the fence between this one and primer #3 that I will be reviewing next week. I seem to alternate between the 2 almost every day. Although for days that I don't put on all of my makeup, I like this one better - either alone or just with pressed powder on top. has this to say about the primer: It's a silky pink primer that makes skin appear smoother & brighter. Wear alone for clear complexion radiance or apply before makeup for smooth, effortless application. Re-brighten during the day with "that gal." It's "that gal" perfection for a happy complexion. It contains soothing raspberry & chamomile, combined with sweet almond & algae extracts to help skin retain its natural moisture, for a soft silky finish and has light-reflecting pigments to brighten the complexion.

Apparently you can also reapply this during the day to re-brighten your complexion. Although, I'm more of the once my makeup is done in the morning, it's done. Unless we are going out later in the day where I'll just touch up. But for the most part whatever happens at 9am is all that is making it's way on to my face.

That Gal Brightening Face Primer is available at and

photo courtesy of
total beauty and bbn member


"Tink" said...

Christine, what skin type do you have?

I am oily/acne prone and I really need something to help brighten my skin tone. I have to use such a matte foundation that I look a little dull. I have some powder products like MAC's MSFs that add sparkle but I'd like the glow to look natural. KWIM

Christine said...

Hi Tink!
I have crazy oily skin in my t-zone and it's pretty normal everywhere else. I had a serious problem with acne years ago but I still get random breakouts here and there.

I never used primers before because I thought if I put too much stuff on it would lead to more breakouts but this hasn't at all. I notice a glow more on my cheekbones than anywhere else with this one.

But as with anything else, this will probably work differently on everyone. The reviews on were pretty mixed. I like it a lot though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails