Redpoint's Artistic Director, Fatima Olive (that's her seriously adorable self to the right), is sharing some of her tips for gorgeous and sheer Summer makeup.
She's a celebrity makeup artist who's worked with Petra Nemcova, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, and Jessica Simpson...just to name a few. So, it goes without saying that she knows what she is talking about ladies.
Do yourself a favor. Be smart. Read her tips. Then go forth and apply them.
You'll be glad that you did.
1. Sheer makeup will beat the heat, but it's important to begin with the proper skin preparation for the best results. To start, lightly exfoliate dead skin cells with a washcloth dipped in warm water.
2. Don't forget to apply SPF!
3. Use a tissue to blot excess oil from the skin.
4. Keep coverage light! Mix moisturizer or a primer with foundation to even out the skin tone without looking made up. You can always add concealer to problem spots after. Redpoint's Smooth & Remove Airbrush Pencil ($30) is an easy to use light diffusing concealer pencil to dab on spots and blend with the buffer brush on the opposite end.
5. Groom and shape eyebrows - it's the first step in getting your eyes to look great without actually applying makeup. You can even use a little hairspray or hair gel on an old, cleaned mascara brush to keep brows put.
6. Wash an every skin tone friendly shimmery gold color on the eyes.
7. Add one to two coats of mascara to your lashes.
8. For cheeks and lips, try a stain for a healthy dose of color. To find the perfect, most natural looking color, find a lipstick or cream that matches the inside of your lower lip. Redpoint's Airbrush Effects Blushwhip ($28)is ultra moisturizing with a sheer tint to give your cheeks a healthy boost of color.
Next week, is Summer Makeup Tips from Fatima Olive part 2...read it here.
So stay tuned and stay beautiful!
With love (always),
Jennifer and Christine