Tuesday, June 3, 2008

today is my anniversary!

Hello my darlings!

You are getting a chance to see my mug for the first time, here at Beauty in Real Life.


Well...for one, Christine and I both agreed that we were actually going to start showing our faces on the blog. So what better time to start, then with a photo of each of us on our wedding day!

So, I'm the first one up, because today is my eighth wedding anniversary.

Both Big L (that's obv him in the photo) and I can't believe that 8 years have passed since we said our I do's.

But, it's true...we're only two years away from marking our ten year milestone.


The other crazy part?

I'm not the only one who had a June wedding here at Beauty in Real Life...Christine will be celebrating her anniversary this month as well.

I also know that there are plenty of other girls planning on getting married this month.

Want a beauty tip for the day?

Be yourself.

Don't try to go way outside your comfort zone, just because you think that's what you should do.

I would have love to have had some long, flowing locks for my wedding, but it wouldn't have been me...mainly because my hair length was a little below my chin. The amazing hairstylist I hired, took what she was given and delivered the easy half-up/half-down bridal do you see here. And I didn't have to fuss with it at all.


Another thing I did, was to make sure I had someone do my makeup the day of the wedding.

I had my cousin (a former makeup artist) do it that day, but if I didn't have her, I wouldn't have hesitated to hire someone to do it for me. If you can't afford one, I highly suggest enlisting the help of a steady handed friend or family member who really knows her stuff. Believe me, they'll be flattered that you asked and it will be one last thing you have to worry about.

One word of caution, make sure they keep it on the soft side and stick to colors you feel comfortable with, don't go for a smokey eye if it just isn't you. Also, if you go for test runs, have a friend take a photo to see how it'll look on film.

Well, those are a couple of my tips...do any of you have some beauty tips you'd like to share with other soon-to-be brides?

If so, share your tips in the comments.

Stay beautiful darlings!



monique said...

happy anniversary jenn! i hope you have fabulous day!

Jennifer said...

Yay! Thanks Monique!

Okyanus said...

Tip: If you're going to be waxing or tweezing, make sure to do it at least a few days in advance. If you do it the day of the wedding, you might get redness or irritation.

nilla cookie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Jenn! You look absolutely gorgeous - then and now - he's one lucky guy :)

Hopefully you have something wonderful planned to celebrate.

And cheers to another 8, 10, 20, 50 years of happiness for you and your family!

Jennifer said...

Hey O!

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the great tip!

Keep the tips coming readers! : )

Jennifer said...

Hi Lilan!

Okay...you are just a living doll! : )

Thank you so much for the beautiful compliment! : )

We're actually going to go out this weekend to dinner and a movie. It's a lot for us considering the last time we went out was at least 3 months ago! Yikes!

Thanks for the wishes of happiness! I wish you and yours the same in return! : )


nilla cookie said...

Dinner and a movie sounds like so much fun! Are you going to a favorite restaurant or somewhere new? (I can't get enough when it comes to food talk!)

And thank you for the well wishes! Today is actually my 1/2 year anniversary with my boyfriend - we've been together 5 and a half years as of today, yikes! ;)

KDC Events said...

Hey Jennifer! You look so beautiful! I too just had my 7th anniversary. Congrats to you and your hubby!


Jennifer said...

I'm not sure where we're going yet...I've been having a Bonefish craving lately...but we need a datenight so bad I'd take IHOP. :)

And congrats on the 5 1/2 year mark! : ) Here's to many, many more!

Hi Denice:

Thank you so much. That is so sweet of you to say. Now you'll be seeing my mug a lot here! : )
Congrats on your 7th and may you have many, many more too! : )


Sis Rubz said...

hi jenn,

happy anniversary! You really look great with your husband. Its nice to see you sweet and happy together in your marriage.

i have more tips too found on my blog. you can visit at http://favoritefoodrecipe.blogspot.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails