Monday, July 14, 2008

aussie's new opposites attract protect + soften shampoo and conditioner

Call me crazy, but I could not tell you the last time I have actually used a shampoo and conditioner that I have bought in a drugstore.

I mean, I don't know why really. But, somewhere along the line, I have become a hair product snob.

I have not let anything touch these strands that wasn't purchased in a salon.

Okay...that's a lie. I have tried drugstore brands here and there, but nothing worked well enough to make me want to switch to just using them.

So when we had the opportunity to try out the Aussie Protect + Soften Shampoo and Conditioner ($3 each), my first thought was oh hell no.

I mean, I just got my highlights done and they were not cheap.

Funny thing was that Christine was thinking the exact same thing. The resulting discussion on who was going to be the guinea pig, pretty much read like that old Life cereal commercial...except neither one of us had a third person to pawn it off on.

After we both attended a webinar on the entire new line of Aussie products called Opposites Attract (more on that on Wednesday), I actually got up the nerve to try out the shampoo and conditioner over the weekend.

Mainly because they let us know that it's safe for color-treated hair.

The verdict?

I cannot believe that I am saying this, but I actually liked it. The shampoo lathered up really well, but rinsed out clean. The conditioner has a different texture than I'm used to, to be honest, and I definitely used more than I should have. It took a little longer to rinse out, but left my strands feeling moisturized in the end.

A true product tester through and through, I actually blow dried it without using anything else...believe me, I can do this with my HG Kerastase shampoo and conditioner just fine.

The result?

My fine, but thick hair looked marvelous and smelled so yummy besides.

With three other products rounding out the Opposites Attract line...a spray gel, styling mousse, and hair spray (more on those soon)...all for the same insanely low price, you could afford to buy them all and still have some change left out of your $20.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

A really cool thing that Aussie has going on right now?

Just head on over to touchablesofthair.com to learn more about their The End Helmet Hair Sweepstakes.

Among the great prizes being offered, you could win the grand prize of a trip to NYC for a hair makeover from Sarah Potempa (celeb hairstylist and Aussie Spokesperson). All you have to do is upload a photo of your worst case of helmet hair (past or present). If your photo is chosen as the worst, you could win one of four prizes. Hurry on over and good luck!

Oh yeah...one more thing...if you thought for one second that I have not been singing this song CONSTANTLY since we got these products to try out...you clearly do not know me.

Enjoy.


Jennifer
photos courtesy of aussie
opposites attract video courtesy of youtube.com
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails