Tuesday, July 29, 2008

beauty buys under $10 - l'oreal vive pro glossy volume

Jenn doesn't like to buy drugstore shampoos and conditioners whereas, up until about a year ago that was pretty much all I bought.

None of them ever worked really well (except my John Frieda) and I have a whole shelf in my linen closet full of partially used shampoo bottles to prove it.

I have tried the L'Oreal line of hair care before and I was not too impressed (2 different kinds live in my closet) but I did give this new one a try. It's their new Vive Pro Glossy Volume ($4.99), which is for fine hair.

It is supposed to add airy volume and glossy shine to hair without weighing it down.

The verdict....it smells phenomenal. I find myself trying to find reasons to turn my head really fast to have my hair sweep over my face. Silly I know, but it smells that good. Was it glossy volume? It did add volume. Not to toot my own horn, but my hair is pretty glossy to begin with, so I didn't notice much of a difference there. It didn't make my hair as soft as some other brands I have tried, but for $5 a bottle this worked pretty well.

If you are looking for a new shampoo and conditioner for under $10 or for about $10 total I would give this one a try. It's available just about everywhere you find L'Oreal products.

photo courtesy of drugstore.com
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America


Related Posts with Thumbnails