Wednesday, July 23, 2008

bobbi brown - mauve collection lip glosses and lip colors for fall 2008

We are total Bobbi Brown fanatics. As far as we're concerned, her new color collections never disappoint. She always has something for everybody.

Part of the fabulous Mauve Collection is her new lip colors, lip glosses, and long-wear gel eyeliner.

What's great about the lippies, is that they have great undertones that can really be worn by almost anybody. In addition to wearing them alone, you could totally layer them in a multitude of ways for countless new looks.

The utterly gorgeous new colors for lip glosses are:

- Black Pearl (shimmer) : deep platinum heather
- Iced Mauve (shimmer) : medium icy brown
- Mauve : pink mauve

The new lip colors are:

- Heather Mauve : medium brown mauve
- Pale Mauve : pale pink mauve

If I had to pick my favorite out of the three glosses, it would have to be the Iced Mauve. It really compliments my skin tone well and looks pretty on it's own. The Mauve is okay on me, but being my lips already have a natural deepish color, it comes off a little darker on me than it should, it also doesn't go as well with my complexion as I'd like. I think this would look better on Christine with her fairer skin tone and light hair. The Black Pearl isn't a bad color on me and I think that it would make a nice layering gloss.

Neither one of us had a chance to try out either of the lip colors, but I've checked out the swatches on some other blogs and online at bobbibrowncosmetics.com and think they would look amazing layered with any one of the glosses. Guaranteeing you several different looks.

As for the new Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($19) in Black Mauve Shimmer Ink it's described as a deep chocolate mauve with a golden pearl. It's gorgeous. I have another one of her Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners and it lasts until you take if off. A word of caution, use a light hand and build up your coverage...with stuff like this you can really go from chic to hooker-esque is seconds flat. Also, if you like a smudged line, like both of us do, do your smudging quickly because it sets really fast.

We also have the scoop on Bobbi's new Metallic Collection for Fall 2008. Due to hit counters in August are 17 new Metallic Eyeshadows. For an October release are her new Metallic Lip Colors in 16 to-die-for hues. We'll work to get you some sort of images asap!


Jennifer
photo courtesy of bobbi brown
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails