Wednesday, July 30, 2008

dermelect microdermabrasion 2-3 facial reveal

I have never had microdermabrasion, even though I have been oh so intrigued.

I guess what's stopping me are four things:

1) It ain't cheap.
2) Doesn't it leave your face all red and raw?
3) It would require major planning on my part to find a babysitter for Little L
4) It ain't cheap.

The great thing is that you can do a sort of microdermabrasion in your own home. I've seen a lot of scrubs like this on the market and I had a chance to test one recently.

This is Dermelect Microdermabrasion 2-3 Facial Reveal ($42). While it's not exactly like the machine in a derm's office...it does contain corundum crystals which are purported to deliver similar results.

To me it seemed like just a very fine grained scrub. You can use this 2-3 times a week, waiting at least two days between each use. Use it on clean, damp skin and scrub your face in small circles all around...as you do this you'll definitely feel it working. Then leave it on for 2-3 minutes and rinse it off.

The result I had was glow-y skin that felt smoother. It promises that over time (and with regular use) my skin will look more even toned and radiant.

Another thing I've been doing is using the extra bit of leftover scrub (after I apply it to my face) and using it on my hands....like I'm washing them...and then rinsing it off. Once I follow up with a moisturizer it's Welcome to Soft Hands-ville.

You can use this on other areas of your body too and I'm thinking about trying it on the backs of my arms to try and help with the little bit of Keratosis Pilaris that's going on there...thanks heredity!

I must say that it is a really great scrub, but definitely a little on the splurge side for a juiced up scrub. It is geared towards all skin types, but I would think that if you have really sensitive skin...you might want to test it out first.


One thing is definitely for sure, you should always follow up your scrubbing with a good moisturizer.

Dermelect makes one called Rapid Repair Facial Moisturizer ($38). It's definitely on the rich end of the cream scale, so if you have dry skin your skin should drink it up. My skin tends to be on the combination side, but in the Winter I normally have some dryness...so I'm putting this one aside until then.

If you're curious about the rest of the Dermelect line, check out their site at dermelect.com.


Jennifer
photos courtesy of dermelect
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails