Monday, July 28, 2008

natural beauty buys under $10...aubrey organics and jason body lotions

I've been on a natural kick lately.

Maybe it's because I've been growing out my hair (and totally crushing on some of the styles we've been posting for Fall).

Maybe it's the heat of Summer that finds me reaching for my loose peasant tops and shorts.

Maybe it's because I've been listening to a little to much Classic Rock on Sirius Radio lately.

Either way, I love finding new products that are earthy and organic and work them into the rest of my beauty arsenal.

Two I'm loving?

Aubrey Organics Ultimate Moist Unscented Hand and Body Lotion ($9.95) is what a lotion should be...rich and moisturizing.

If you took it out of its simple packaging and placed into a fancy-schmancy container from a department store, you'd have a hard time telling the difference.

It's that good.

The bonus is that it's made with all natural ingredients like: white camellia oil, sunflower oil, macadamia nut oil, coconut fatty acid cream base, and Aubrey's Preservative (an all natural preservative invented by Aubrey Hampton - it consists of citrus seed extract and vitamins a,c, and e).

The other thing that's utterly fabulous about this lotion? No scent.

Seriously. None.

Great if you're the kind of person who has sensitivity to lotions with fragrances and great for the person who doesn't want her perfume to clash with a scented lotion (aka me).

I mixed it up with my favorite but expensive Jo Malone body creme (in Grapefruit natch) and I'm in love. No clashing with the gorgeous scent, and I barely used any of my Jo Malone (thanks Janelle for that brilliant tip - btw her fave lotion to blend is Chanel Chance).

And my skin felt smooth and soft, no trace of dryness and no goopy-slippery mess.

Another great thing?

Aubrey Organics makes this lotion in a couple of other scents...Passion Flower and Green Tea and Rosemary Mint. They also make another lotion I'm loving that's scented with a gorgeous scent called Morning Meadow...the best part is it's also SPF 15. I'll definitely be putting that into heavy rotation on days when I'm just running around town.


Moving on to lotion number 2...JASON Apricot Hand and Body Lotion ($8 srp).

Made with certified natural ingredients with names that you can actually pronounce like: green tea extract, apricot oil, almond oil, and aloe vera.

It comes in eight different and natural scents...but the Apricot is divine. Smelling exactly like the fruit, it reminds me of Summer.

Plus, it moisturizes like a dream and absorbs quickly so your hands aren't leaving lotion trails on everything they touch.

Yuck.

Another fave of mine from JASON?

Their JASON Lavender 70% Organic Hand and Body Therapy Anti-Aging Formula ($8.26).

I'm normally not a fan of lavender...I'm definitely picky when it comes to that scent, but this one is amazing. To me it just has a clean scent that I adore.

I actually have the tube sitting next to my computer as I write and will apply as needed, just so I can smell in all of its lavender yummy goodness.

The great thing, is that it contains natural ingredients that work to keep your skin looking young and it seriously makes my hands feel marvelously soft and touchable. Love.

If you're interested in checking these out for yourself, check out your local health food store, or try online at jason-natural.com and aubrey-organics.com.


Jennifer
photos courtesy of jason and aubrey organics
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America

1 Comment:

Mind Body Shop said...

Everything that happens in your life, and everything that happens in your body, begins with something happening in your consciousness. ... the causes of symptoms are within. While it's true that germs cause disease and accidents cause injuries, it is also true that this happens in accord with what is happening in the consciousness of the person involved. Germs are everywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails