Wednesday, July 30, 2008

new aveda dry remedy shampoo, conditioner, and masque you probably already know that I went and got some highlights to brighten up my look. You know, needed a change.

I've been doing really well, using my Pureology products, rotating in some Kerastase, and loving them. But, being we do what we do, I get a little tempted to stray a little.

These products came our way not too long ago, for us to try.

It's kind of funny when products meant for certain types of hair come in for us to check out.

Mainly because it's like we're trying not to insult the other person, but at the same time one of us is like...well this is for fine and limp you go. Or...hmmmm...this is for really dull and lifeless hair...I think this one's for you.

Of course we always follow it up with, but you know it's for the blog and all and...your hair does look good.

Thankfully, we both have thick skins and small egos.

Anyway...I got the chance to test out these...Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo, Conditioner, and Treatment Masque. Can I just say that I am so glad that I'm the one who got to test them?

Love them.

I adore everything about they smell, how they make my hair feel, and how gorgeous they make my hair look.

Considering that on top of aforementioned highlights, I've also been taking Little L to the pool...with these, my hair feels great.

The Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo ($24) comes in a tube, which is different than the ones that I'm used to using. It's also a thicker consistency, that kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it. But it lathers up great and washes out easily. I also noticed that I needed less because it was so thick and rich.

The Moisturizing Conditioner ($24) is phenomenal and hydrates like crazy...but, it still manages to rinse out well, so you're not dealing with yucky build up. And it has the same divine floral aroma as the shampoo, along with the brilliant hint of vanilla. (My definite suggestion is to use it on your ends only if your hair is on the fine side though. Too much and it'll weigh down those delicate tresses.)

Because of both of these, I was able to exit the shower, towel dry my hair and blow dry. No static, no feeling of dryness, just gorgeous manageable hair. Love.

Aveda's Dry Remedy Treatment Masque ($26) has been the least expensive masque I've tried lately (although I've been meaning to check out a certain drugstore one - have to get around to that soon) and it's fabulous.

It's rich and really feels like it gets in there and does it's job. I used it right after shampooing and would let it sit while I finished up my shower. Then rinsed at the end.

After drying, the results were awesome. Gorgeous soft hair that looked and felt hydrated.

According to Kiehl's this little gem is said to instantly improve dry hair up to 63% when used in conjunction with the rest of the system...and I'd say they were right.

Now I'm, going to be throwing these three into rotation as well (I'm going to have to come up with a graph or something to keep track of all of the shampoos and conditioners though).

With the Aveda, because they are so rich and hydrating, they are something that I'll probably use twice a week or so...more so when it's colder out and my hair is screaming for some tlc.

To purchase and to find out where to buy, head on over to They're also giving away a free treatment comb ($10 value) and celebrity stylist tips with every Dry Remedy Treatment Kit sold (while supplies last). See the site for more details.

photos courtesy of aveda
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America


Related Posts with Thumbnails