Monday, September 1, 2008

the perfect wearable dark lip...nars lipstick in porte vecchio

Alright, true I'm sitting at the computer the other morning, checking emails and doing a quick post on the blog.

Little L is playing with his toys and moving around the upstairs, while Big L was catching some last minute z's.

Now, Little L has learned how to get water to dispense from the fridge and loves to pour it out himself.

So, picture this...Little L keeps coming in saying Mommy want a sip?...I take a sip......want more?

Okay...I say.

He shuffles out happy and comes back again with more to you go Mommy. Drink.

I take a sip...mmmm thanks Little L.

More Mommy?

Ok I say.

This time he shuffles off and comes back really fast. I'm deep in thought, so when he says Mommy want a sip? I just reach out and take a sip.

Not remembering if I heard the water turn on from the fridge, this time I ask...Little L, where did you get the water from?

Toilet Mommy.

Yeah...that was my reaction too. That times about a million.

What does this have to do with this lip stick...well...nothing really. But after I gargled for about 3 minutes with mouthwash, I figured that I really needed to take my mind off of what just went in it.

Nars Lipstick in Porte Vecchio ($24) is deceiving because it looks really deep deep burgundy when you see it, but it's actually a sheer burgandy on. It's hue is right on trend with the colors for fall. It's a great shade that has the ability to look like a stain or a fabulous deeper color with just some layering.

I love wearing it on the sheer side with just a hint of the dark goodness showing. It makes it great for day.

To up the intensity for a night out, or if you just feel like going darker, add a couple of layers. Just don't forget to line your lips with a similar color lip pencil...try Nars Lip Liner in Marnie ($20) a great burgundy's a must when doing a deeper lip.


You can find Nars Cosmetics at any Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, or Saks Fifth Avenue, or online at

photos courtesy of nars and
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

1 Comment:

miro marian said...

I love wearing it on the sheer side with just a hint of the dark goodness showing. It makes it great for day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails