Friday, August 15, 2008

beauty buys under $10 - got2b smooth operator smoothing lustre lotion

Okay so...yesterday was my birthday and my day started out kinda bad.

It definitely got better by the end...but it definitely didn't begin that way.

First off, Roman woke up early and tried to change his diaper before I got up.

Let's just say that the stuff that keeps everything liquid in there, resembles some sort of rice-y gel like substance that does not clean up well from wooden floors.

Plus it was gross.

Then the air conditioner broke down.

Happy freaking birthday to me.

So...we're both sitting in a house with no air at this point. I have never realized how much I love the a/c.

I was sweaty and yucky, and my hair was a frizzy mess.

We suffered like this for a couple of hours until Big L got home and went to check on it. Turns out it flipped the switch (or something like that) in the breaker box and all he had to do was switch it on again.


That would have been something for me to know like hours earlier right?

So after cooling off for a while in the blissful a/c (thank God for that invention) I took a shower, towel dried my hair, and used this.

This is got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion ($8). I love it because it smells the best fruity smell EVER...and it tames my not-quite-wavy-but-enough-to-drive-me-crazy hair.

And is the packaging not adorable?

It's also versatile....meaning that you can use this on wet hair or a finish.

I've been using it off and on for the last couple of weeks (clearly not in the pre-shower scenario - what with the sweat and the frizz) and I love it.

I'm loving how I don't need to use that much product to see results.

My hair is a couple of inches below my chin and I just use a pump or so. I work it from the mid-shaft of my hair and down to the ends while it's wet, then I blow it dry. I normally finish off with a round brush, after a blow dry with just my hands and a vent brush, and then I'm done.

Easy hair that looks great, feels soft, looks smooth, and stays that way much longer than normal for me...especially in this heat.

Plus, it protects against heat styling and it contains a UV protectant...uh..can you say bonus?

The even better part, is that it's literally available at almost any grocery store, drug store, or mass market retailer.

Perfect for us women who love to get everything in one fell swoop...especially while they're out running errands.

photo courtesy of got2b and
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks


Related Posts with Thumbnails