Friday, August 1, 2008

guido for redken hair trends for fall 2008...chic twists


We're finishing up our four part series on Guido for Redken Hair Trends for Fall 2008 with Chic Twists.

I, for one, am sad to have to say goodbye to Guido. I've been having a totally imaginary relationship with the hair guru myself. I imagine him giving me hair tips as we watch Shear Genius and eat pizza...but I digress.

Here are Guido's tips for the chicest of chic twists...

Runway fashions took on a new, voluminous silhouette this season—to complement, updos were modernized with smaller shapes and disheveled finishes.


• Make a French twist look modern by bobby-pinning it to the back of the head and leaving the ends sticking out—it's an edgier take on the classic, neatly rolled twist.

• For the lived-in updo seen at Peter Som: Apply Thickening Lotion 06 Body Builder to damp hair, rough dry, backcomb at the crown and create a messy French twist (let some pieces fall free). Mist on Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray for firm control.

• Play with proportion to give a 1950s twist a modern touch: Curl the top section (directing hair backwards), brush out and apply Glass 01 Smoothing Serum. Create a flat twist at the back of the head and lightly tease the hair at the forehead to add a touch of height. Finish with Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray.


As always, you can find Redken products at any salon that carries the brand. You can also find it at Ulta and redken.com.


With love (always),
Jennifer and Christine
photos courtesy of redken
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America

2 Comments:

"Tink" @CasualLavish.com said...

I can't wait for my hair to get longer so I can play with it. I love the last twist. Not really feeling the middle bird nest twist.

BTW Thank you for the heads up on the The Cut mention!

drfelle said...

These beauty sites are great! I just wish when it came to the latest hair styles someone would focus a little on Hair Loss Product Reviews. Some of us aren't blessed with beautiful thick hair. Great Blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails