Friday, August 1, 2008

new release : mac lustre twins collection

Okay...ever since I've heard the name of this collection, I cannot help but think of that old Saturday Morning cartoon that I used to know what I'm talking about...right?

Anyway...I've been going around my house saying Lustre Twins power, activate! to the point where Big L is starting to think I'm going a little batty.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep I've been getting. Maybe it's my 36 year old mind slowly deteriorating. Maybe it's my inner child trying to work its way out.

Or maybe, it's the fact that this new collection is gorgeous and just to die for.

MAC's nine new shade additions to their Lustre Twins collection, is sure to make you want to head to your nearest counter and go crazy with the charge card.

I've included the nine fabulous new colors below...just to get you going:

Prolongwear Lustre Lipcolor
Pink Air/White Top
Lustre Light pink with pearl
Top Coat Clear white with red and pink (lustre)
Ripe and Ready/Soft and Lush
Lustre Clean bright pink coral with gold pearl
Top Coat Yellow pink with gold pearl (lustre)
Custom Rose/Pink Virtue
Lustre Berry plum with pearl
Top Coat Light blue pink with silver pearl (lustre)
Gypsy Rose/Shimmer It
Lustre Berry red with gold pearl
Top Coat White gold with multicoloured pearl (lustre)
Boss and Ready/Slave to Pink
Lustre Chocolate bronze with pearl
Top Coat Champagne neutral with pearl (lustre)
Red Flame/Orange Flicker
Lustre Intense bright yellow red
Top Coat Bright yellow red with gold pearl (lustre)
Red Reflection/Mirror
Lustre Deep berry magenta with pearl
Top Coat Clear with white pearl (lustre)
Coco Lust/Sweet Sexy
Lustre Deep red brown
Top Coat Copper brown with gold pearl (lustre)
Alta Moda/Hip Love
Lustre Deep blackend red
Top Coat Deep plum with red pearl

Nail Lacquer
$$$$$ Yes Metallic silver foil
Perplexing Deep blue purple
Firehouse Clean bright chrome red

The thing that's great about the Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolor ($20) is that you get a longwearing lip color that you apply first and then a glossy top coat to finish. The result is a gorgeous and hydrating finish. Definitely choosing one of these for the wish list.

I've yet to buy a MAC Nail Lacquer ($11) and I don't know what's stopping me. Considering it offers a no streak and no chip finish, plus UV protection...I need to get myself to my MAC counter soon. I'm sooooo feeling the purple right now.

Check out your local MAC counter, or try asap!

photos courtesy of mac

proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks
Spas of America


Related Posts with Thumbnails