Monday, August 18, 2008

ojon tawaka "the ball"...the review

Okay...first and foremost...do not...I repeat...do not lick the Ojon Tawaka "The Ball" ($65).

Even when your two year old gets a hold of it, licks it and says yummy!

He or she will be toying with you.

It does not taste like chocolate, even though it smells like it.

Trust me.

Why?

Because...um...I licked it.

Well...

Little L got a hold of it and actually made me believe that it tasted good. I mean, wouldn't you believe your little one if he licked something, made a happy face, and said yummy?

Are you with me here?

Um...okay...so I'm the only one stupid enough to do it...but, come on...weren't you a little curious to see if it tasted like it smelled?

Really?

I'm all alone here...okay...clearly I never should have trusted a kid that once tried to eat a dog treat because he thought it was a cookie.

Sooooo...moving on...

It definitely works way better than it tastes. Trust me in that.

When you take it out of the package it's a ball the size of a baseball (I'm kinda guessing here - ages since I played the sport) it's pretty smooth, and smells amazingly like chocolate.

It also comes with its own little bowl and a drainage metal disk...which is really a nice little touch.

The directions tell you to run it under warm water for two minutes before you use it, in order to bring out the exfoliants. But once they're out baby...it's on!

It really did a great job of exfoliating my skin and made it feel touchably soft. A word to the wise here, it is made with cacao after all...and the ball is brown in color...so...it definitely gets a little bit messy in your shower...but don't worry...it rinses away.

The best thing to do, I've found, is to rub it over your skin in small circles over your body (or specific trouble spots) and let the moisturizers and other stuffs do their thing for a couple of minutes before rinsing.

It takes a couple of uses to see the results...but you will.

Gorgeous, soft skin.

You can find more information online at ojon.com and sephora.com.

I've also heard mention that they'll be coming out with a white ball which sounds interesting too. Check out that mention by the awesome Jamie over at The Beauty of Life.


Jennifer
photo courtesy of ojon
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

5 Comments:

monique said...

hilarious jenn! i could totally see myself doing that too! :)

future butterfly said...

Jennifer, I totally get the compulsion to lick it! I was with Origins for years, and there were a couple of things I could not resist tasting (from my own personal stash-- not testers or anything!). I mean, Eye Doctor smells like a cucumber dressing or something-- surely it will taste delicious on a salad, right? Well, no. (And, no, I didn't go so far as to actually put it on a salad-- I dipped a q-tip in it and touched it to my tongue.) And the hair gel smells minty fresh, but boy, howdy, it does NOT taste that way at all.

What can I say? The kid in my couldn't help herself. But I sure learned not to taste anything else-- that's why my tongue still hasn't touched a single product from 100% Pure. Let me tell ya-- it takes some major (say it like Victoria Beckham-- "MAYjah") will power not to drink their Blood Orange shower stuff every morning.

Your (local) crazy reader,
KimmyD

Laney said...

Okay, I love you! That made my day : )

Luxury Bedding said...

Looking forward to having a ball. Paula

Jennifer said...

Hi Monique!

LOL! I know right? It looks too much like a truffle not to!

Hi Kimmy!

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one! And, you are not crazy! :D

Hi Laney!

Glad I could make your day! : D

Hi Paula!

Have fun! Enjoy and let us know what you think! : D

Related Posts with Thumbnails