Friday, August 8, 2008

these are a few of my favorite...serums

These are the reason I don't look like death warmed over in the AM.

It's true.

I've probably been getting the least amount of sleep in my life lately, but you wouldn't know it. Are there other factors playing here? Of course, but I'm convinced that these serums kick serious patootie and help to make my skin look glow-y, firm, and downright gorgeous.

Here are my faves in no particular order...

Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector($40) This is a-mazing with my combination skin...especially considering it tends to be on the oily side in the Summer. It literally took a week for my skin to start looking more even toned, luminescent, and...well..even better.

The Clinique site says that you can use this anywhere on your body, but due to the size, I relegated it to my face and neck only. Here's hoping they create a full on body lotion using this formula.

While I don't think this is actually considered a serum...I'm counting it..because ...well..it's my list.

Love. This. Stuff.



Jurlique Biodynamic Beauty Serum ($75) Even if you don't quite understand what the heck Biodynamic Farming is you can still appreciate this amazing serum.

It's made from all natural ingredients that help to fight discoloration and dullness. When I used this in conjunction with their Biodynamic Night Lotion, I constantly woke up to radiant skin time and time again.

And I'm not the only one...try and pick up a magazine that doesn't have at least one beauty editor that uses it.



June Jacobs Brightening Serum ($110) Definitely the splurge of the group...but oh so worth it. It has the consistency of a hair serum, but doesn't gunk up your face with oiliness. Trust me.

I applied it at night after cleansing and before moisturizer...although, unlike other serums...I found that I could get away without a moisturizer if I wanted to. It's that hydrating.

It contains retinol and ceramides that work to make your skin look luminous and it does the job wonderfully.

Divine.

You can check out any of these online at their respective sites: clinique.com, jurlique.com, and junejacobs.com.

Try these reviews from Total Beauty.


Jennifer
photos courtesy of product brands
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails